I cant Lower... But can i stiffen?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I know that probably the best people to ask about this is my insurance company.

but i thought id pickle your heads anyway.

Im not allowed to lower my car on my current policy, but it doesnt really bother me. I would however like a little less roll on the corners.

If i fitted stiffened springs [i dont know if you get such a thing that DOESNT lower a car] do you's reckon it would invalidate my insurance?

Hmmmm :relieved:

brendy

RMS Regular
if you had a set of 30 or 35mm springs/kit the car wouldnt be awfully low and would improve roadholding, I didnt declare on my old ibiza and had an insurance claim and they were never looked at.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Stil mate i wouldnt want to chance it, althought it hasnt stopped me pricing ebiachs! :oops:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
On the face of it, it probably shouldn't invalidate your insurance, but I'm sure that if something happened there is small print which states you can't change standard parts for anything non-OEM. You know what insurance firms are like.

If you want to stiffen things up, you could try front and rear strut braces, uprated anti-roll bar, etc? Or perhaps try the springs from a sports variant of your Ibiza, i.e. Cupra springs? At least technically these are OEM from Seat :p

Gaz

brendy

RMS Regular
you could go the seat sport route but for the money you can do better, if the insurer cares that much to look then anything other than totally standard will be raised.
saying that, who still runs on the exact same model of tyres their car came with? surely they arnt standard then. hehe.

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
they will just have a look at the springs and see that it's lowered and wil void the insurance. even if you harden it, they will think that you are harding it to go faster round corners (witch you are):p and you are more likely to have a crach if you are driving faster. well thats what i would have though ????

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
get a real good set of shocks in it at std ride height and she will be some difference ;)

p 5ary

RMS Regular
love the title of this thread;)

my insurance says anything non standard must be decleared

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.