Immense Jap Scrap...

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
So GAZOO Racing rock up to Tokyo AutoSalon, take off 2 covers to reveal some old Twincams .. the rest is mind blowing...

PhotoGrid_1673603645364.jpg
PhotoGrid_1673603798367.jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Is that EV and Hydrogen @chrisd1 ?

Be interesting to see how the EV is in what is a light car with decent handling normally.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Is that EV and Hydrogen @chrisd1 ?

Be interesting to see how the EV is in what is a light car with decent handling normally.
Lexus EV system, and the other is Hydrogen Convert, Impressive stuff from them to go down this route for the show. I'm admittedly not a fan of EV, but for a 'restomod' style car, it's impressive and dare I say it, even cool to see..

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hyundai are also still pushing a lot of Hydrogen concept cars, like the Pony. Seems to be a thing in Asia still.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
What's the purpose? Just concepts or are some of these companies like Toyota thinking about the possibilities of offering a conversion service to change your car from ICE to electric?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Probably just as a way to convince the masses that EV cars could be fun. There are a few companies that offer the kits or service to electrify ICE vehicles, I got speaking to a few of them at the classic car show in November. One crowd had a original fiat 500 and a lwb defender pickup on their stand and the guy explained in detail how both were converted. Fascinating tech.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just concepts most likely. And highlight tech like the hydrogen work Toyota have been doing in this case. Same with the Hyundai Pony.

For Gazoo it might be different. They may want to sell conversions or restomods on the back of it too.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Hydrogen infrastructure is even worse than EV plus hydrogen, for buses anyway, is HEAVILY subsidised by the government to make it affordable

Great for the future but no where near ready for it

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Exactly the mirrors I want for my RA. Not for weight saving but just for the looks!