Imola Red OR Carbon Black?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Yep CSL all the way, car and or wheels! Saw a CSL with 18" M3 wheels and it just looked WRONG. Almost crashed my Ibiza at the Cameron Toll Roundabout in Edinburgh when a steel grey M3 CSL pulled up along side me, couldn't take my eyes off it. Absolutely stunning piece of machinery! :laughing:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
scrob said:
Yep CSL all the way, car and or wheels! Saw a CSL with 18" M3 wheels and it just looked WRONG. Almost crashed my Ibiza at the Cameron Toll Roundabout in Edinburgh when a steel grey M3 CSL pulled up along side me, couldn't take my eyes off it. Absolutely stunning piece of machinery! :laughing:

I can't understand why anyone would put 18" wheels on a CSL! They come standard with lightweight 19" rims which cost £3000 from a dealership!:eek:

I was at a trackday at Knockhill last year, and there was a guy in a black CSL giving it some serious beans around the track, he had the Michelin Cups on it which are basically slicks, was running some crazy camber which made it look like the whole front suspension had collapsed! Never seen a man put £50k worth of machinery so sideways, apparently it was just a track day car for him though.....what a lucky *******.....

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
A neighbour has just traded his Boxter for a dark grey face-lifted E46 M3 with CSL's on it. Looks & sounds the dawgz the lucky bastid.

The Soop' would still take him though! lol :p

jamesy

Twain

RMS Regular
That gunmetal / grey colour that the CSL somes in is the nicest colour by far, followed by the imola red close after. Would love to be the person making this post and having that sort of decision to make...someday i spose

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Twain said:
That gunmetal / grey colour that the CSL somes in is the nicest colour by far

I agree mate, the CSL colour is gorgeous and it's called Silver Grey. That colour became available in the standard M3 late 2004 I believe. (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
my own motor is imola red mate, and i love the colour.... to have an imola red M3 is a dream of mine.

i'm after a set of dished 19" CSL rims, or something with a lovely lip for the summer i think

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
red for me

462327_45_full.jpg

bmw_m3_1024.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
462327_45_full.jpg

Those wheels are as rare as a bear but.

And the rear diffuser needs to remain black.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
I off to test a carbon black one now at Prentices, i'm still not convinced!!!!!

Bringing a mate along so I don't do anything rash! still to test the imola so I have to give it a chance but it seems thats it pretty even from the posts, would everyone agree????

Cheers

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Yea mate, its down to you now lol. No one could fault you for buying either.

Just make sure you dont get your arm twisted into buying a silver one, probably the most unflattering colour for the 3 series.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
I went for the black!!!!!

Pick it up as soon as my Evo goes so she'll be in the trader asap!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.