Impreza Classic/Bug/Blob wanted

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone on here has any leads for a Classic/Bug or Blob eye Impreza.
I appreciate there are plenty on Facebook/gumtree but would rather have some personal recommendations to hopefully save me running about the country!!
  1. Max budget £15k
  2. JDM or UK is unimportant to me
  3. Must have good service history
  4. Must be ready to drive with MOT
  5. Will be used as a low mileage daily driver so doesn’t have to be concours but must be very presentable and not painted like a patchwork quilt or rotten
  6. No wagons, saloon only
  7. Must be reasonably standard appearance wise (ie no max power/mid ulster specials) and any tuning must be minimal. No interest in cars with turbo swaps/death maps etc
  8. No black cars
Please feel free to PM with any leads or suggestions. Money ready to transfer and ideally looking before the end of June.
Cheers, Mikey.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If you want one that’s not rotten at this stage of the game I’d say it will have to be a jdm model. I’m in two minds about selling my a jdm bug sti. I’ve just no time for cars at the minute with 3 young ones.

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
If you want one that’s not rotten at this stage of the game I’d say it will have to be a jdm model. I’m in two minds about selling my a jdm bug sti. I’ve just no time for cars at the minute with 3 young ones.
Yours is lovely but hazarding a guess it would be outside my budget! If it’s not a million miles away though send me a PM if you decide to part with it. 👌

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Bump. Anyone have any leads? Starting to err more to a classic. £17k now for the right one. Looking to buy before end of the month!!

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
One final push. £18k. Cash sitting ready to buy this week.

Have viewed a few ‘mint’ cars that were anything but. Wouldn’t have thought decent Imprezas under £20k were so scarce in this country! Also had eyed up a few on the mainland but when I got walk around videos I could see I would be tearing in to paint them which I don’t want to do.

Hit me with any leads to a Celica GT4 or anything 90s Jap cool for the sameish money if you know. Cheers.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
18k should get you a real nice one….tempted lol. There was a nice prodrive bug for sale it was £21k but I think it’s gone. £20k seems to becoming the norm for really good ones.

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
You have me wondering. . . . . . .🙈
Fire me a PM if you’re tempted to part! Can work something out if you’re in around that price!
My mate has an Rb5. The very last one. But would need painted
Looking something to jump into and drive but cheers for thinking of me!
18k should get you a real nice one….tempted lol. There was a nice prodrive bug for sale it was £21k but I think it’s gone. £20k seems to becoming the norm for really good ones.
Aye seems to be Barry! Don’t get me wrong I’m not after concours show car as you know but certainly the £10-14k bracket is bringing up rougher ones than I would be prepared to live with!

PAULW

RMS Regular
Old cars now, even imports unless very recent ones will have the potential to be rusty, I've a blob and I wouldn't fancy it as a daily driver at all, a golf R or FK2 civic would be a better choice

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah 10-14 will be rough UK cars and probably have rust at this stage. JDM models are a bit more expensive but they are night and day difference underneath (provided they aren’t here that long) and will also be a bit more spec than UK, forged internals, higher Rev limit etc. Twinscroll blob/hawk won’t have the burble though if that matters to you.

I wouldn’t want to daily one either, they are very stiff, raw and mechanical compared to modern stuff but that’s what makes them a perfect weekend or summer toy.

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Old cars now, even imports unless very recent ones will have the potential to be rusty, I've a blob and I wouldn't fancy it as a daily driver at all, a golf R or FK2 civic would be a better choice
I do roughly 4K miles a year in a car and will be even less when I potentially move job in a month here plus I’m a mechanic so no issue in maintaining her as a daily. I work in VW and they do absolutely nothing for me so anything like an R is completely out the window.
Scratch I’ve wanted to itch for years so has to be done. I’ve genuinely never had a car that I’ve properly wanted in my life (and I’m 34) so the time is right!

PAULW

RMS Regular
Fair enough, can't argue with the YOLO attitude (i'm upto 7 cars now :oops:), golfs do nothing for me either. Doubt you'll lose a penny on a Subaru these days so a safe place for your money and the sound is immense (MPG less so).

Deal breaker for me would be the sound, as @Burt2000 pointed out, later JDM cars don't have the burble and for me, that's what it's all about. Good luck with the hunt