Impreza STI

Lee

RMS Regular
Its quite likely a lot of them will have seen paint at some stage in their life, if even just for scuffs or sun damage. Some pushing 20 years old after all. That may explain no decals.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah 100% I'd rather have a car that's had paint and been done well than have its original paint but covered in scuffs, fading and parking dings that's the reason the Evo is in with Blairs at the minute.As you say most are 15-20 yr old now,

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
does nobody else think its been hit at the front at some point looking at the panel gaps? bootlid is skew wiff also - hence why its cheap(ish)
Definite difference each side of the grille where the bumper meets the bonnet.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Not a massive fan of the black to be honest :-/

Chris_E90

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 320d, GSXR
FB_IMG_1464518379968.jpg
FB_IMG_1495958321192.jpg
20170126_155617.jpg

Not technically for sale but if the money was right

06 STi 73k full engine rebuild by OMA less than 2k ago, mapped by Bob Rawle, loads of extras....Advan Racing wheels, full Blitz Nur Spec exhaust system etc etc. Best is its only £180 a year road tax! She was registed 2 days before the tax bracket went through the roof! Full service history including all the paperwork for the £5.5k rebuild.

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 29

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
06 STi 73k full engine rebuild by OMA less than 2k ago, mapped by Bob Rawle, loads of extras....Advan Racing wheels, full Blitz Nur Spec exhaust system etc etc. Best is its only £180 a year road tax! She was registed 2 days before the tax bracket went through the roof! Full service history including all the paperwork for the £5.5k rebuild.

How come yours is £180 and mines is £295 when mines was registered in Dec 2005? Am I being stroked? lol.

Chris_E90

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 320d, GSXR
Not too sure what way they worked it out tbh, just know she was registered on 21.4.06 and got into the lower bracket whereas 23.4.06 onwards would have been 480 a year iirc. Some difference for 2 days lol

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
How come yours is £180 and mines is £295 when mines was registered in Dec 2005? Am I being stroked? lol.

To answer my own question I think you have got lucky, official CO2 output is 257g/CO2 which is the bracket I'm in but yours seems to be recorded as 157g/CO2 instead, happy days in your case lol (y)

I do know I save from the April onwards hawks though, I think mines was one of first registered in UK because it is a 2006 car registered in Dec 2005

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Loads more torque and tuning potential too, plus a nicer looking model imo.

Chris_E90

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 320d, GSXR
Built by 1 of the best too, Michael @ OMA Performance. Mapping done by Bob Rawle through Murray Motorsports. 1 of the best (and most bleedin expensive) mappers in Europe especially for Subarus. Between the sound of a perfectly set up engine and the Nur Spec exhaust system it really does have the perfect boxer sound

Neil_M

RMS Regular
@NickR85 sorry I'm a bit late to the party (congrats with the new purchase).

I've an 04 JDM STI - My 2004 JDM Impreza WRX STI if you ever want a look round it. It's a pretty standard example, just very well maintained, simply an HKS cat back and Andy Forrest map.

You asked for comparison, the JDM car is definitely the sharper car out of the box, but it's not like the UK wide track is a soft car.

They do lose the burble, but they have a different character... they still sound different, and certainly not like an inline four.

Chassis on these cars are amazing. I'm still amazed at the pace the car has down a back road.