Insurance advice Multicar Golf R, Cooper S

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Hi all

I have always had 2 cars on a joint multicar policy, the Cooper S and my Mk IV. Golf TDi. Since. the Golf was stolen, I bought a new Golf R. Unfortunately now I've come to renewal time and LV have quoted me £2000 for the both. No claims/Crashes/Convictions last 5 years, except obviously the Golf being stolen earlier this year.

Anyone any advice on who to go to? Should I perhaps just take out 2 policies and put the Cooper S back in the wife's name, but this will be with zero NCB as she uses her NCB for her own car. The Cooper S is just a Sunday plaything, 5000 miles/year or less.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I’ve an S3 and a Cooper on Admiral multi car for £615. Due for renewal at the end of the month and haven’t received my quote yet

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I found Admiral unbeatable as well, my Merc E-Class coupe and the Z4 on multi-car for £450. My previous insurer wanted £750 just for the Merc

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'm also with Admiral on multi car. Mercedes E class coupe and an Impreza Turbo for £560 all in. Your problem is going to be you've had a car stolen and have replaced it with one of the top stolen cars in the UK. You'll just need to phone around and see who can sort you out the best quote. You will find it cheaper than £2000 somewhere. Might even be cheaper splitting them onto separate policies as you've said.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Adrian flux did me 2 separate policies but mirror the ncb. Worked out ok for me.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Also with Admiral Multicar and have a R53 Cooper S, Mk7 Golf GTD and an A6 TDI Le Mans insured for around £900 which is really hard to beat. They’re also good when it comes to modifications too.

Have you considered a tracker for the Golf? I think the issue is with the theft rate of Golf Rs. My mate has the same problem insuring his Range Rover. Most companies won’t touch it and the one that he is insured with made him get a Cat6 tracker fitted even though it’s a 2005 car and only worth a few grand.

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
I’m with AXA, I suppose it’s all dependant on circumstances, but my S3 was insured for under £400 and our Cooper S under £300. Wife has her own car also with AXA, they mirrored my NCB for the Mini.

Abbey Bond Lovis is another shout but it’s a portfolio type product and you will need to insure your home with them also.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am with Admiral on a multi cover policy (both the A6 and M3 as well as home and contents). They were the best level of cover for the money.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I was with admiral multi car was cheap the first couple of years no one could come close, then the 3rd year it went threw the roof with no changes my end, was cheaper for me to get separate policy's for the cars, though worked out as I was still building ncb up on both cars while on multicar policy.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I’ve the A4 Avant, JCW and a VW Bora all with Admiral on a multi car and have had 3 cars covered with them for several years now.
At one stage it was Golf R, S3 and A4 Avant and couldn’t find cheaper elsewhere with same cover.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I'm due to renew my insurance around Christmas time and must give admiral a shout.

I have a mini fleet policy to cover the X5 M50D, M3 and the MSRT Van for business use as well as s/d/p and its the guts of £2k which allows me to drive them all, but also anyone else I nominate

I need to see will admiral do multi car with a van as i couldn't seem to do it on their website there

veron

RMS Regular
OP
veron
Drives
335d
Thanks everyone. Getting sorted. Never underestimate the power of a good "old fashioned" Internet forum for help and advice!
Kev