Insurance premiums and damaged vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
When reading previous posts in this forum I came across a particularly relevant one to my line of work. It was posted by a RMS forum regular @gibgrth and concentrated upon damage caused to his wife's vehicle when a Council barrier fell on top of it in adverse weather. It reminded me of a case that I resolved early on this year involving bad weather, a foreign object and a subsequently damaged car. Our case study in respect of the case can be read by following the link below;
Vehicle damage claim settles for £2,780 - Boyd Rice Solicitors

My client's initial thought was to ring his insurer. He rang me instead.....why should his insurance be affected if the incident was not his fault? Why should he have to spend considerable time on the phone to his insurance company? Surely he suffered enough having his vehicle "written off".

Your insurance company does not always need to be the first board of call if your vehicle is damaged. Always feel free to give me a shout and we can discuss all options open to you at that time. It may well be that you do need to go through your insurance but having the conversation first will mean that you make an informed decision.

Best,

Neil
neil@boydricesolicitors.com

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Who are you actually claiming off in a case like that ? Sounds like whoever owned the apartment block ? Not even specifically the apartment owner ?

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
It was the apartment block management company in this case. Usually the action would be against the property owner via their home insurance policy but this was quite a unique case!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.