Insurance renewal price increase?!

vtr_sean

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.7derv
Renewal time axa have put 130 on top of last year wtf Who to insure with atm 1.7 derv civic no mods except tinting back windows

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Try running a quote through a comparison website and then ringing AXA again. Managed to get 100 odd off Flux renewal this morning .

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Flux or greenlight were half decent for me, 1stCentral was by far the cheapest (by over £250), although they get mixed reviews. I've been with them for 7 months and no worries so far.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Do a quote on AXA online and I would bet money it will come in cheaper. My other half got her renewal through from axa and I done the quote on axa online, over £250 cheaper. It's just stupid how they come up with their numbers

Jonesy

RMS Regular
Flux or greenlight were half decent for me, 1stCentral was by far the cheapest (by over £250), although they get mixed reviews. I've been with them for 7 months and no worries so far.
both me and the wife been with them 5 years. can say best customer service we have had from any insurance provider and their online portal is great

Dave..

RMS Regular
both me and the wife been with them 5 years. can say best customer service we have had from any insurance provider and their online portal is great
Never heard of them, I will try them in January.
Thanks

avo5021

RMS Regular
My other half’s renewal cam through in October with a £250 increase with no acc, claims, convictions over the prev12 months.

She was through Hughes so she did an online quote through their own site which cam in £50 cheaper than the previous years policy,l.

She then rang them and paid the online price and just carried on with them, 5 mins online saved her £300

Dave..

RMS Regular
My other half’s renewal cam through in October with a £250 increase with no acc, claims, convictions over the prev12 months.

She was through Hughes so she did an online quote through their own site which cam in £50 cheaper than the previous years policy,l.

She then rang them and paid the online price and just carried on with them, 5 mins online saved her £300

I am glad you got sorted but this really annoys me, if you are a loyal customer you get a sh1te price but if you are a new customer you get a `lower` price.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Holy thread revival.......

Got my renewal price for the XJR through from direct line.

£600!!!🤯

What the giddy F?😡

Last year it was £400 odd.

Definitely going the comparison sites

Dave..

RMS Regular

£600!!!🤯

What the giddy F?😡

Both our policies were £100 cheaper but we are in our 60`s.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

£600!!!🤯

What the giddy F?😡

So what happened here ?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
With the quotations for repairs, long spells with courtesy cars etc I’m not surprised.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane

£600!!!🤯

What the giddy F?😡

Ours went uo with direct line also, by £140, quick phone call and its still up but now by £54. Its annoying but they are still by far the cheapest coming in at £150 cheaper than the next quote.

Andy55

RMS Regular
Renewal came in at £10 less than last year. Not much of a saving but a saving none the less. Still to price around.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Got my renewal in last week, up 30 quid on the Merc and down 40 on the Z4. Some of the quotes I got were hilarious Admiral were 200 on the Merc and the next best I could get was 500, the dearest was 1200.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Gave a phone call last night looking 108 more than last year. Said I didn't want to ring around and save hassle if they could work a deal.
Dropped it to 12 quid over what I paid last year so can't complain too much.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I went from £280 to £430 in a VW Sharan. No changes.
Shopped around the moment the renewal came in and got £260 - with additional £40 topcashback. Cancelled renewal on phone and the guy didn’t even ask why or try to do cheaper.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Renewal quote in. Increased from £380 last year to £470 this year. After a phone call the "best price" is now £434, so still up by £54. No changes.

What are the best comparision websites to use these days? Haven't been on one for a long long time...

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Just went from £300 odd to £430… was putting it down to being on a medical license now but seems across the board then 😞