Integra DC5…talk to me

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I've owned mine for just over 6 years now. I had an FN2 before that and it's just such a different car compared to the civic. I imported mine through torque GT and got them to do the full underseal and protection. I did intend to daily it but it turned out to be too nice to do that so ended up just using it in the summer.

I have it insured with greenlight on a limited mileage policy. Issues wise, the most serious thing was the alternator went on mine first driver out after storage. I had suspected it was on the way out but didn't do anything about it. Bit of a ball ache getting it out but managed it. Also, the CRV one I fitted wasn't right so had to get a specific one from a crowd that rebuilds them in England.

Other than that, they are fantastically reliable. Maybe not the best to daily but I could see how some would do so. A friend of mine has one for sale in Portadown. There's a few tiny bubbles on the rear arches but it's a good car all the same.

You're more than welcome to look at my own if you're Ballyclare direction but it is SORN'd at the moment.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ve the Bug STi that @Burt2000 had the start of the year!
On my list is an E36 of some description, probably a well used M3 3.0 which would be in round my budget. I’m looking to have a bit of fun/enjoyment out of all the cars I lusted over as a child in the late 90s/early 00s (albeit a Sapphire Cossie will be out of reach unless a rich uncle I don’t know about dies and leaves me a fortune!)

As good as modern machinery is like the E92 it does nothing for me. Maybe in the future sometime I could settle with something like that but I want to get my hero cars out of the way first!

Might take you up on that offer in the new year just to see what a decent one is like! Thanks.

Just be very aware that a 3.0 m3 is VERY hard to sell.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
IMG_5502.png

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Guys thanks for all the input so far on the thread. I’ve had a couple of PMs on potential leads so that will give me something to look into. I know I’m probably not wise but life’s too short!!

Anyone fancies buying an immaculate Bugeye STi feel free to send me a message 👀

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Guys thanks for all the input so far on the thread. I’ve had a couple of PMs on potential leads so that will give me something to look into. I know I’m probably not wise but life’s too short!!

You drove through Bleary a week or so ago in the Bug, looked & sounded sooo good!

If I hadn't the M3 would be talking to you about the Bug!

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
You drove through Bleary a week or so ago in the Bug, looked & sounded sooo good!

If I hadn't the M3 would be talking to you about the Bug!
Aye if it was a Thursday I was over in the warehouse gym, if it was a Sunday I was heading to Portadown for coffee!
Haven’t actually heard a drive by on the car, it’s running a standard system except for a decat primary. Wee fella at Dundalk cars and coffee was doing the whole ‘Rev her up’ thing to me, I said out the window ‘it’s a standard pipe, you’ll hear nothing’ and all the adults started laughing and the wee fella went bright red and didn’t know what to say 😂

Dougz89

RMS Member
Drives
Integra

Hi Mikey, i think you have seen mine on fb marketplace. Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss or need any.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Aye if it was a Thursday I was over in the warehouse gym, if it was a Sunday I was heading to Portadown for coffee!
Haven’t actually heard a drive by on the car, it’s running a standard system except for a decat primary. Wee fella at Dundalk cars and coffee was doing the whole ‘Rev her up’ thing to me, I said out the window ‘it’s a standard pipe, you’ll hear nothing’ and all the adults started laughing and the wee fella went bright red and didn’t know what to say 😂

Was Thursday i think yeah. Still had a lovely rumble going by.

Dougz89

RMS Member
Drives
Integra
If I was making the statement about lovely condition interior and no bolster wear, I would be taking that daft seat cover off to show it in pics, straight away I sense bull lol.
I can make whatever statement I want! It’s got nothing to do with you! It’s my car I know the condition of the interior and the seats I sit in it most days! U can sense bull all you want mate but think you will find the cover is there to keep the seat in good condition! Now do one and keep ur ****ty comments to yourself !

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
If I was making the statement about lovely condition interior and no bolster wear, I would be taking that daft seat cover off to show it in pics, straight away I sense bull lol.
To be fair I’m sure if I asked for a picture of the seat without the cover Dougy would be willing to oblige. But going by the general condition of the rest of the car I would have no reason to doubt him. 🤷‍♂️

Dougz89

RMS Member
Drives
Integra
To be fair I’m sure if I asked for a picture of the seat without the cover Dougy would be willing to oblige. But going by the general condition of the rest of the car I would have no reason to doubt him. 🤷‍♂️
Cheers 👍

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I can make whatever statement I want! It’s got nothing to do with you! It’s my car I know the condition of the interior and the seats I sit in it most days! U can sense bull all you want mate but think you will find the cover is there to keep the seat in good condition! Now do one and keep ur ****ty comments to yourself !

Just a tip, show the car off in all its glory don’t hide it, it’s a sale advert so show the cars good points off.
Get off your high horse ffs

Other than that, they are great cars. Lots of points above covered but the main bit will be finding one genuinely clean, original spot welds visible on rear arches etc. I liked mine and it was very easy to run. Notchy gearboxes, rust and generally poor paint repairs was the standard and that was 10+ years ago. But a good one would be nice to have and shouldn’t loose money.
Pre face lift styling is great too, age has treated them well in that regard.
Nice to see the auction sheet too, or do a Japanese hpi check

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One on PH too.

I do like a DC5. Championship white goes so well with the red interior. And of course ties in with the colours of the Japanese flag 🇯🇵

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Love the fact you are going to daily it, it genuinely makes me laugh at people who buy cars and only take them out on a Sunday etc. seriously unless it’s a classic get it on the road and enjoy it.

Back to the dc5, drove a few years back and loved them, but I love a screaming vtec. I would say they are getting fewer and fewer as a choice. I’m looking to find an ep3 for my wee fella and it’s a nightmare.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
One on PH too.

I do like a DC5. Championship white goes so well with the red interior. And of course ties in with the colours of the Japanese flag 🇯🇵

Guy Francis is a good bloke. I would be asking him about this 100% if I was in the market for a dc5. It’s facelift, so I know it’s slightly less desirable but it will be a good car, his pictures on Facebook show it fairly well. I bought my STI Impreza through him from Japan.

Reactions: DC.

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Love the fact you are going to daily it, it genuinely makes me laugh at people who buy cars and only take them out on a Sunday etc. seriously unless it’s a classic get it on the road and enjoy it.
If I wanted something to sit and look at I would buy a painting for my living room wall. Does cars more harm lying up than being used in my opinion.
So what if it gets a bit of road rash? I’ll get it blown in. 🤷‍♂️
Guy Francis is a good bloke. I would be asking him about this 100% if I was in the market for a dc5. It’s facelift, so I know it’s slightly less desirable but it will be a good car, his pictures on Facebook show it fairly well. I bought my STI Impreza through him from Japan.
Aye that’s where my current car came from. Facelift is a complete no no from me. Looks like a Hyundai or something lol.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
If I wanted something to sit and look at I would buy a painting for my living room wall. Does cars more harm lying up than being used in my opinion.
So what if it gets a bit of road rash? I’ll get it blown in. 🤷‍♂️

That’s my attitude, I just looked and seen a few marks on my bumper but so what.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Hi Mikey, i think you have seen mine on fb marketplace. Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss or need any.
Yours is a b pack? What extra is in that? Just curious as I’ve only ever seen c packs advertised, are B’s better?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Yours is a b pack? What extra is in that? Just curious as I’ve only ever seen c packs advertised, are B’s better?

I think c pack have push button start and the rear parcel shelf, could be wrong though. Seems strange a parcel shelf requires a spec pack but I remember mine had the parcel shelf and people got excited about that :neutral:

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
I think c pack have push button start and the rear parcel shelf, could be wrong though. Seems strange a parcel shelf requires a spec pack but I remember mine had the parcel shelf and people got excited about that :neutral:
Subaru nerds have gotten excited at my Bugeye for having electric folding mirrors 🤯 Apparently it was an ultra rare option but I can’t comment as I don’t know enough about them. A guy at Dundalk C&C was getting flustered when he spotted the switch 😂

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
C-pack if I remember rightly was power mirrors, tinted rear glass and rear wiper. The push button and parcel shelf were individual extras. I think I saw that on one of the integra or Type R owners forum but I could be wrong.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
A lot of JDM stuff comes with power folding wing mirrors, my GC8 RA had them too. Nice touch for when parking it in the garage