Integra wont start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Made by holts it's like a highly flamable wd40, doubt you'd need it unless the engine isn't running at all.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Sounds like damp or something, I thought you'd properly hydrolocked her!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Get a hydro sock to prevent this happening again, has saved me in the xsara a few times! My filter sits right at the bottom of the engine bay.

That is of course, if you dont have one already?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
ive a spare good B18 lying if needed dude

will deal for sexual favours ;)

hopefully it doesnt come to that though

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Get a hydro sock to prevent this happening again, has saved me in the xsara a few times! My filter sits right at the bottom of the engine bay.

How does that work?

Bunging something over to keep water out kind of negates the point of improving air flow in the first place :grinning:

To state the bleedin' obvious, best option is not to put the filter/intake so low on a road car...

Hope you get it sorted Captain. If the engine was still running then it might not be so bad. Fingers crossed and all that (y)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
How does that work?

Bunging something over to keep water out kind of negates the point of improving air flow in the first place :grinning:

To state the bleedin' obvious, best option is not to put the filter/intake so low on a road car...

Hope you get it sorted Captain. If the engine was still running then it might not be so bad. Fingers crossed and all that (y)

Its a very fine gauze/mesh idea. Couldnt see it making any noticable difference to a road car! :p

My kit is the K&N version, and it fits that low. I didnt just bung it that low for the craic lol :party:

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
I got sorted, i took the advice provided and took the plugs out and turned it over by hand, no water came out so i proceded to turn it over on the starter. Still no water so i returned the plugs and started it and it ran. Not sure what it was that caused it to shut off but thanks for all the help.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Cheack all the ignition system electrical connectors are dry. Not sure if you have a dizzy, but if so check its all dry inside the cap.

Sounds to me you've got damp into there somewhere.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
thats good news lad, it was probably just enough water to kill off any chance of spark, and she died, but glad no lasting damage!

99% of the time its ok tbh, has happened me before on a track, but after some delicate drying out its all good(y)

Now go get cracking with the other bits, oh and a good video up of that Buddyclub system

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Although i now know that the engine runs, it isnt running the best. It is very hard to start and when it does its lumpy and idles very high (3000rpm). I checked the distributor and its dry. Tried it this morning and it wont start at all, just keeps turning over. Any ideas

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Did you strip all the piping back to the throttle body, clean and dry it?

I'd be pulling every lead/plug/wire and cleaning/drying and wd40ing it.

You'll eventually find the culprit!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Will give it a another go, i had it out last night, but was running like a dog, no just wont start. Is wd40 ok in electrical connections

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've used it with no problems. Just don't spray sensors with it (like the MAF!).

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Sprayed wd40 round most of the connections, and looked for water but there doesnt seem to be any. When i tried yesterday it spluttered and misfired trying to start, once it started it was ok, just idled high. I cant think what it could be

Mark_C

RMS Regular
If your car has a coil pack, it won't have a distributor. It will have a coil if it has a distributor.

Is it getting fuel and a spark? If not which one is missing? Compression good?

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
It has to be a bad electrical contact. I don't know vtec engines at all to know where all your sensors are but, i'd start by looking at the major ones - crank sensor etc. Check they are all clean and dry and adjust correctly. Plus don't use WD40 to clean your sensors/connectors, use electrical contact cleaner!

coilpack maybe?

Won't have a coilpack if it has a dizzy now will it?:p:party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.