Intercooler suppliers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Im looking at the possiblity of a custom Front Mount but need a Dual Pass Intercooler-can work out the pipes required later.

Basically want someone local or in the UK/Ireland who can supply these.

Any ideas??

Andy

brendy

RMS Regular
why dual pass etc? from the figures ive seen on my own vs other forge and pace intercoolers there isnt a huge difference so as long as you get the ent/exit pipes in the right places.....

brendy

RMS Regular
you dont HAVE to have dual pass, it means a little pressure is lost pushing the air in and out of the way of new air entering, some people say dual pass doubles the cooling, but it can only cool as much as outside ambient.
example, a run i made today in 4th gear, regardless of core, id say its working pretty bloody well. my figures are lower than forges own so they do work.
inlettemps.gif

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
OP
andy_gdon
Drives
GTi Polo
Unfortunately i do need a dual pass because of the location of the inlet pipes.

Marc

RMS Moderator
andy, if you can buy a kit directly from forge or even seat, i would go that route, if you get the intercooler for maybe £250, pipes and samco bends etc will cost that also, then you have the hassle of trying to make if fit.. and finding its leaking somewhere.

In the end they will both cost within £50 of each other.. so just bite the bullet and go for the tried and tested :laughing:

I kused to work with cpufreak on Seatcupra, think he fitted a FMIC to his 130 a few years back, speak with him.

Marc

other
andy_gdon said:
Unfortunately i do need a dual pass because of the location of the inlet pipes.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
ZS said:
6800rpm in 4th - so where were you doing a tonne then brendy? :grinning:

I'd say closer to 130+ would be a safe estimate ;)

Stocky

RMS Regular
Whats the SEAT sport one Andy of the cupra TDi?

Only about £250 for the intercooler itself

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
if u get a single pass u will definately need a longitudinal (a4,passat) inlet manifold , which means ditching the airbox , u cant put a pipe in along the lower of the bumper to bring the cold charge air back across to the driverside (aka forge fabia vrs) as the crash bar is different , forge developed the kit for a reason- it works , when u see kyles kit getting fitted youll see why , its not worth the hassle bein different , i have the drawings and prices for the seat sport one , in its comes in at 900 odd quid all in ,

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
think its 250 plus vat , plus u need 2 hangers , theres a place to mount on ur car , ul need a special boss to fix ur MAP sensor (seat pipe is over 100quid) have no nums on ETKA , have em in car , freezin outside , do the maths

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
here ya go , had it on my lappy

Attachments

• IBIZA (6LL) FMIC (BPX).doc
    60 KB · Views: 87

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
haha , one pipe too small , we can make it fit , where me gripfill gun lol, ur gonna have to do something , was loooking at ur charge temp graph earlier , scary high , n u have good airflow

Attachments

• ANDYS RUN.jpg
    ANDYS RUN.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 77

brendy

RMS Regular
scrob said:
I'd say closer to 130+ would be a safe estimate ;)
two gears left but 4th is the best gear for logging.
andy plan b? is that the one that includes hiring the bloke to shovel more coal in? As I said earlier matey, unless you go for a really badly designed lesser known kit you wont have any issues with heat once you have one fitted.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
OP
andy_gdon
Drives
GTi Polo
Wheres Kyle and your graphs for comparisions??

If i go for this Forge item you do realise ill have to keep the Ibiza!!!

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
andy_gdon said:
Wheres Kyle and your graphs for comparisions??

If i go for this Forge item you do realise ill have to keep the Ibiza!!!

well if thats the case why did u do the brakes , if ur looking to go jap , its make ur mind up time

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
heres mine on the same scale temp is the right Y axis blue line , as on ur graph

Attachments

• STONEY130 MAF.TEMP.jpg
    STONEY130 MAF.TEMP.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 71
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.