a-kem automotive

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Brilliant. It's a pain in the ass having to refill my wee bottles, and they just shoot out a jet too.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Must get a couple of those, is the spray a nice mist?

Some cheap 2ltr ones I've got have a horrible nozzle, goes from a straight stream to v e.g. Wide mist.

Also a warning for anyone with pressure sprayers like above that have the cupped top, don't leave them out in the rain, the water ends up getting into the pump part and fecking it up as it pressurises itself.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Must get a couple of those, is the spray a nice mist?

Some cheap 2ltr ones I've got have a horrible nozzle, goes from a straight stream to v e.g. Wide mist.

Also a warning for anyone with pressure sprayers like above that have the cupped top, don't leave them out in the rain, the water ends up getting into the pump part and fecking it up as it pressurises itself.
Yes mate you can adjust it several ways!

Sam981

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall
Just to avoid confusion, PM Big Pimp, not Big Pete. Big Pete is a different member :grinning:

Although sometimes Big Pimp delivers via Big Pete, but that is a different story all together, lol :innocent:

Thank you. @Big Pimp do you have a shop or is there anyone close to Belfast that stocks your products?as I'd like to have a look before I buy.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3438.JPG
@Big Pimp a little tlc today after coming out of winter hibernation .Only a quick wash with gleam and a blob of other stuff to make bubbles ,(I like.to see what I've done ) and a hose off.spray of ultragloss and finished .job done.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
So I finally got a chance to wash my rather dirty runabout earlier. Ashamed to say it's been at least 2 months since it was washed so a lot of dried in dirt as it's actually kept in the garage...

I'd say it was a fairly tough test and I solely used articulate and the pressure washer. Have snow foam here but no lance yet! I'd say it was about 90% clean and more than acceptable for this time of year. It struggled a bit on heavy deposits on wheels but that's really it.

20170204_142324.jpg
20170204_142341.jpg

20170204_142350.jpg
20170204_144301.jpg
20170204_144225.jpg
20170204_144217.jpg

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Ross I used the Artiulate yesterday as per your advised ratio for 7litre pump sprayer (160ml/7Litres)
Is there a point where the Articulate is not safe to use as I think it needed a bit more kick;)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ross I used the Artiulate yesterday as per your advised ratio for 7litre pump sprayer (160ml/7Litres)
Is there a point where the Articulate is not safe to use as I think it needed a bit more kick;)
There's no point of no return as such, but all I would say is when mixing it stronger to not allow it to dry in. Even though it's a non caustic product, it is still an alkaline so care would need to be taken.

I must admit my ratios are not exact. I put an inch or so in the bottom of whatever vessel I'm using and top it with water.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
There's no point of no return as such, but all I would say is when mixing it stronger to not allow it to dry in. Even though it's a non caustic product, it is still an alkaline so care would need to be taken.

I must admit my ratios are not exact. I put an inch or so in the bottom of whatever vessel I'm using and top it with water.
Ok cool, I must say that yesterday I did notice it dried very quickly in the sunshine, maybe why it didn't work as well as before:oops:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I'd be quite far over the recommended ratio for articulate or snowfoam :oops: It's hard to beat when it's so well priced and a little more always helps me feel like I'm doing a better job :party:

I would say that over the past few weeks, even when it's very cold outside, the midday sun has been able to dry the articulate very quickly. You can watch it evaporate if you look closely. Last weekend I didn't realise that I had ice formed across the roof of the car and one side, so although it was still very cold outside, the side of the car that had the sun directly on it was still drying the articulate within a couple of minutes, before I had a chance to get around the entire car with it. I'll be going back to either first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon / early evening for washing!

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Cracked out some of @Big Pimp Lazer this morning for the fridge floor . 1.5L pump sprayer about 200ml ish of Lazer topped up with water. Sprayed floor/closed doors left for 15/20 mins.
Before
20170210_085158.jpg

After.
20170210_093719.jpg
20170210_094404.jpg
Lazer done the job and lifted all the gunk and grease and smells great to.!! (y)
Then run some Articulate round the lower end of the truck and wheels then snowfomed the lot and wash by hand with a brush .
Near 2hours later !! Boom!!
20170210_093822.jpg
20170210_094303.jpg
and left to drip dry!! Ready for tonights hardship!! :cool: happy man!

Last edited:

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Picked mine up (y)

View attachment 136693

One filled with Articulate and ready to go

I've got two of the same, one for articulate and one for ultragloss, will give the car a rattle tomorrow if it's dry. Got a new Nilfisk powerwasher this week too which needs a wee rattle.

Just a longer pressure hose for the Nilfisk from Cleantec and i'm setup how i want to be for now.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Didn't realise you could/were meant to dry the car off after using Ultragloss. Does it offer any advantage? I've never noticed any drop dry marks etc without.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Cracked out some of @Big Pimp Lazer this morning for the fridge floor . 1.5L pump sprayer about 200ml ish of Lazer topped up with water. Sprayed floor/closed doors left for 15/20 mins.
BeforeView attachment 137187
After. View attachment 137188 View attachment 137189Lazer done the job and lifted all the gunk and grease and smells great to.!! (y)
Then run some Articulate round the lower end of the truck and wheels then snowfomed the lot and wash by hand with a brush .
Near 2hours later !! Boom!! View attachment 137190 View attachment 137191and left to drip dry!! Ready for tonights hardship!! :cool: happy man!

What a superb looking truck & trailer. There's something really nice about someone who takes pride in their unit.

Lazer is brilliant for those interiors. Properly cleans and degreases everything!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Didn't realise you could/were meant to dry the car off after using Ultragloss. Does it offer any advantage? I've never noticed any drop dry marks etc without.
I don't normally dry it off after using but PMG do and swear by it.