Is this common practice on Ebay???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
no, you're not allowed to have a second e-bay name or get a friend to bid for you to bump up the price..

what i said was that its hard to prove.

cooksterni

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST-3
u could ask Ebay to check ip addresses. He might have been silly enough to do it on the same computer and on the same connection hence having the same IP. Worth a try.

ak

RMS Regular
It would be hard to track that information down in the logs but it's a good start... if the IP was from a residential broadband service for instance and he denied knowing this other user account then he'd be in breach of his eula from the service provider and they could ask him to pay for the business service or kick him off :grinning: All pie in the sky really, not gonna happen....

besides... doesn't that happen when an auto bid has been placed, as in someone was bidding and his other user account was automatically bidding to a certain amount... good way to save yourself money on setting high reserves, stupid to use an account with almost the same name!

I probably wouldn't take action unless you thought the price of the item was being altered more than the guy should be getting for it.....

Anonymous

A
maybe he realised he had charged too low, anyway someone was happy enough to pay 155 so i dont see the problem he wasnt making any one else re-bid.

brendy

RMS Regular
looking back through his last load of sales, penis pumps, get rich quick schemes it could be him doing it (delboy type), but then again he hasnt doner it before on any of his auctions with that name..

Richy

RMS Regular
OP
Richy
Drives
E55
ive a max bid on, so if he bids over that, its his tough titties

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.