Jaguar XF-S Sportbrake

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
It looks good! Ride quality hasn't been compromised has it? Stiffer?
It's a little firmer, but nothing I can't manage, and still far comfier than any car I've owned before, even more than the S4 in "comfort" mode.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
It's a little firmer, but nothing I can't manage, and still far comfier than any car I've owned before, even more than the S4 in "comfort" mode.
Happy days bud, enjoy the waft and torque;)

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Spacers on, 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear. Rear is bang on perfect. For the fronts I think a 10mm or 12mm spacer would have been perfect, but I can’t go smaller than 15mm without grinding the wheel studs and frig that. A 5mm would work with the standard studs but don’t think that would be enough. Did a wee bit of footering with the lowering links in the rear (tricky wee buggers to get both sides even as adjusting one seems to affect height on both sides), a quick rinse and tyre slick. Very pleased with how it all looks, and you know what I think I’ll stick with the black wheels. I think it ties together all quite nicely and not sure how grey would look. Maybe next year for a wee change

IMG_8800.jpeg
IMG_8796.jpeg
IMG_8792.jpeg
IMG_8794.jpeg
IMG_8790.jpeg
IMG_8789.jpeg
IMG_8799.jpeg
IMG_8795.jpeg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
I agree on black wheels. Usually I'm not a fan and they look naff, but they work really well on the XF, especially with the black trim around the rear window.

This was my old one. I liked that mine still had the chrome trim, but black works better with the colour of your one IMO

Can really see the difference in ride height between the two!

1716107189510.png

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Spacers on, 15mm in the front and 20mm in the rear. Rear is bang on perfect. For the fronts I think a 10mm or 12mm spacer would have been perfect, but I can’t go smaller than 15mm without grinding the wheel studs and frig that. A 5mm would work with the standard studs but don’t think that would be enough. Did a wee bit of footering with the lowering links in the rear (tricky wee buggers to get both sides even as adjusting one seems to affect height on both sides), a quick rinse and tyre slick. Very pleased with how it all looks, and you know what I think I’ll stick with the black wheels. I think it ties together all quite nicely and not sure how grey would look. Maybe next year for a wee change

View attachment 434912View attachment 434913View attachment 434914View attachment 434915View attachment 434916View attachment 434917View attachment 434918View attachment 434919
Pretty much perfection there

Reactions: Ben

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
That looks and sits perfect. What springs did you go for ?
Eibach 30mm in the end. As the Sportbrake has air suspension in the rear, the only option was a full set of springs for a saloon at over £200. However, I got the individual part numbers for the front springs and got them off Autodoc for around £100. Then for the rear a pair of 3D printed adjustable height sensor links.

IMG_8806.jpeg