Jap Car Culture INDOOR JAP ONLY EVENT BELFAST Sunday 10th July 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
My only gripe about the show was the judging.
I felt as if the judges didn't have enough time or they didn't have much interest in my car.
But over all I had a great day.

Happens a lot - not just this show! To be fair, I think they did say beforehand that the judging wasn't just to how good the paintwork etc was but how 'rare' the mods were etc. played a part. It must have done anyway... because myself, Nicky & Todd seen your car in the flesh and all agreed the finish was simply awesome! I genuinely don't know how you weren't in the top 10 in some way! I'll not run anyone else's car down here... but I seen a few cars well known 'mint' cars and was disappointed by some of them in the flesh to be honest.

As for the show itself... I genuinely loved it! I don't go to many shows anymore because I really have no interest in anything other than Jap cars now so this was a lovely breath of fresh air. I thought it was well presented with some nice interactive trade stands and everyone enjoyed it that I have spoken to. Outside was a fail because of the weather... but that's not the organisers fault and nevertheless I still enjoyed looking at the cars out there!

I will 100% be at it next year when the GTR will be finished and show-worthy :grinning:

hippyross

RMS Regular
Please, please do NOT do this.

The show worked so well because it was simple. Previous CCL shows have failed hard because they've tried to do so many things, more than you could handle (See CCL 2015)

My only complaints were the parking inside was a bit...wonky, lots of space at one end, not so much at the other. That's it. Otherwise the show ran fantastic. The atmosphere at the event felt very, mature almost, no drinking, no yelling about diffing, etc. Which added to it being a great day. Honestly my favourite show this year, and I was a massive sceptic of it from the day it was announced. Please don't try and over complicate it, it'll only take away from it.

Oh and there were too many Foresters. Ban the others and only let mine in.

I concur, less is more in my opinion.

hippyross

RMS Regular
Happens a lot - not just this show! To be fair, I think they did say beforehand that the judging wasn't just to how good the paintwork etc was but how 'rare' the mods were etc. played a part. It must have done anyway... because myself, Nicky & Todd seen your car in the flesh and all agreed the finish was simply awesome! I genuinely don't know how you weren't in the top 10 in some way! I'll not run anyone else's car down here... but I seen a few cars well known 'mint' cars and was disappointed by some of them in the flesh to be honest.

As for the show itself... I genuinely loved it! I don't go to many shows anymore because I really have no interest in anything other than Jap cars now so this was a lovely breath of fresh air. I thought it was well presented with some nice interactive trade stands and everyone enjoyed it that I have spoken to. Outside was a fail because of the weather... but that's not the organisers fault and nevertheless I still enjoyed looking at the cars out there!

I will 100% be at it next year when the GTR will be finished and show-worthy :grinning:

I was just glad I got there in the end tbh a full week with very little sleep working on the car and when I was sleeping a was dreaming about working on the car no joke haha.

But yeah I never went with the expectation to win anything it was more of a push to get the car done.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Please, please do NOT do this.

The show worked so well because it was simple. Previous CCL shows have failed hard because they've tried to do so many things, more than you could handle (See CCL 2015)

My only complaints were the parking inside was a bit...wonky, lots of space at one end, not so much at the other. That's it. Otherwise the show ran fantastic. The atmosphere at the event felt very, mature almost, no drinking, no yelling about diffing, etc. Which added to it being a great day. Honestly my favourite show this year, and I was a massive sceptic of it from the day it was announced. Please don't try and over complicate it, it'll only take away from it.

Oh and there were too many Foresters. Ban the others and only let mine in.

When I say a display I mean the likes of a professional stunt team or something with 15 minute show time intervals not constant action. It's all fine and well for car enthusiasts to enjoy the event but we had a large attendance from the general public so more needs to be done to aid the attraction of the event in terms of value for money for family audience In order for the show to grow. Let's face it yes every fella their was loving life but the mothers and kids need more things to do /see.

Judging is always an issue with any show no matter what we /any show does to make it fair.

2017 will be exact same concept but with few more attractions to help make it a family day out and justify better the £10 admin.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
I concur, less is more in my opinion.

Parking inside.
In the ideal world all those that confirmed attended would actually attend. Gaps in hall is where a few cars who hounded us for spaces beside mates or at certain club stands then don't attend or arrive after 12 looking indoor when the venue is delacired staic.
I think we will need to be more strict with applicants next year to prevent this from happening.

One idea is to put all traders back to back in the Centre of the hall this will then free up more available space and easier parking using a one way system.

Clumps at rear of hall was because these cars wanted parked as a club. in areas they booked.

Clear walks ways are essential for Prams and disabled acess.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
When I say a display I mean the likes of a professional stunt team or something with 15 minute show time intervals not constant action. It's all fine and well for car enthusiasts to enjoy the event but we had a large attendance from the general public so more needs to be done to aid the attraction of the event in terms of value for money for family audience In order for the show to grow. Let's face it yes every fella their was loving life but the mothers and kids need more things to do /see.

2017 will be exact same concept but with few more attractions to help make it a family day out and justify better the £10 admin.

Where exactly will the display area be? If Outside surely this will remove some of the outside parking, reducing the number of possible show cars.

I can't see why mothers would want to stand with hands over their kids ears while a car sits and does a burnout. You don't have the space to lay out a proper track so it'll just be diffing, no?

If you want kids attractions, then outside the front have bouncy castles, fun runs or some such. Don't remove show car spaces for a display. Or if you feel people aren't getting value for money. Drop the admission price for public?

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Where exactly will the display area be? If Outside surely this will remove some of the outside parking, reducing the number of possible show cars.

I can't see why mothers would want to stand with hands over their kids ears while a car sits and does a burnout. You don't have the space to lay out a proper track so it'll just be diffing, no?

If you want kids attractions, then outside the front have bouncy castles, fun runs or some such. Don't remove show car spaces for a display. Or if you feel people aren't getting value for money. Drop the admission price for public?

The land beyond the site fence is optional extra.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
The land beyond the site fence is optional extra.

Ah alright. I'd honestly in my opinion try and keep it simple, the formula worked so dont move too far from it. Look at dubshed, it is NIs biggest show, and its much the same as it always has been.

Just my opinion of course, and still looking forward to next year. I'm only posting this as I want it to continue on and continue to the standard it was.

gaz 300

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Nissan300ZX
Cheers mate, I think 4th is Gary's 300ZX which is great news.

I also heard the MK3 MR2 won something too. Maybe some just got a special mention or the mic or something.
Thanks Kyle and yes very pleased at coming 4th in 10 of the best.

20160710_114152_zpsi1q2whgh.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.