Jap Imports

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Some companies won't provide an insurance quote if a car is a Jap import, but can you get away with not telling them? Can they trace it as a Jap import?

(Obviously, I'm talking about models that were available here and in Japan, not JDM only models such as EK9 Civic Type R, Integra Type R, etc.)

Alternatively, are there any companies who will happily insurance Jap imports?

Dermot

I think that one m00k's with, the one that insures modded cars might...
Company like Quinn Direct etc will insure a Jap Import if you dont tell them.. Just give them Make, Model, Engine size etc... And dont mention anything about it bein Jap..

Emmy

elephant will insure a jap import but you have to call them for a quote and it usually ups the premium for being an import, if yoiu are over 25 there might be a few import companies in the uk that could insure you check out the yellow pages.

Maxer

Endsleigh,Quinns,Adrian Flux,Elephant,AON.There are plenty out there you just have to look harder.

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
they usually ask for the chassis number
if it`s got less than 18 digits then they know it`s an import

pablo

RMS Moderator
the insurance assesor would probably twig with the underbonnet area being covered in jap hyroglyphics :p

Emmy

well i know AON only insure u if ur over 25 on ins wether its classic or standard premium, it depends on the car, but im under 25 and they said they couldnt insure me. you will defo get insured with elephant and admiral for an import, but it will cost you. Adrian flux should insure you no bother as well.

Cartman

Emmy said:
well i know AON only insure u if ur over 25 on ins wether its classic or standard premium, it depends on the car, but im under 25 and they said they couldnt insure me. you will defo get insured with elephant and admiral for an import, but it will cost you. Adrian flux should insure you no bother as well.

Elephant, Admiral and Adrian Flux will not insure a Jap import over here, AON will though.

Lexx

RMS Regular
Drives
German Scrap
My Jap import Rav4 is covered by Elephant fully comp, so give em a try, one of the few companies I could find to insure in N.I

Emmy

if ur over 25 go with AON although it depends on the car some are for over 30s or more or they dont insure them at all, as my boyfriend asked them if they would insure a scooby and they wont so bigger engined cars not so sure , best is to ask. they insure mr2 turbos and i queried about a 200sx turbo as well and they insure them but as i said u'll have to be over 25.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Lexx said:
My Jap import Rav4 is covered by Elephant fully comp, so give em a try, one of the few companies I could find to insure in N.I

Tried 'em. Got that "We are experiencing technical difficulties" line which really means "Feck aff, no chance, matey!!"

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
It doesn't really matter, Kerzo, to be honest. Canny afford to insure the bloody thing!

Back to the drawing board! Anybody know of any cars which are roughly 200bhp and group 8 insurance? :lol:

Emmy

group 8 ins lol, well you could get something like that and mod it to 200bhp i suppose, if ya stick some nos in it! what about a starlet?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
RMS Coupe Chick said:
Chris buy a coupe go on westlife is gonna get another one too he he ;-) think of the fun

lol! It wasn't a Coupe I was thinking of insuring!! Something with a wee bit more donkey ;) Anyway, I don't I'd look right in one, I'm a very respectable person these days :lol:

Dermot

2 ooh 5 said:
It doesn't really matter, Kerzo, to be honest. Canny afford to insure the bloody thing!

Back to the drawing board! Anybody know of any cars which are roughly 200bhp and group 8 insurance? :lol:

I have a Daewoo here ... Hopefully 150HP+ as it sits... 170-180 in a few weeks and Group 4 insurance :laughing: ... Not forsale though :lol:
Group 8 Is very low ??? Like theres noway you could do it "legally"
But going the illegally route.... Im rebuilding a Group 17 Cavalier at the minute and I might just be tempted to build it into a Group 6 one 8)

Emmy

go named driver get ur ma or da as the main driver and register the car in their name its cheaper usually well if they have plenty of no claims, thats what ive done and my new car is group 16 or 17ins! got it insured for just over 1k fully comp.

Cartman

Lexx said:

Strange when i phoned last month they wouldn't quote me, just tried them again and they did, though at £1200 i'll give them a miss !!

Emmy

lol adrian flux wouldnt quote my dad, their online quoting system must be feckered! oh well insured with admiral instead.

Pac-Man

Banned
Its not an online quote that i got, i just filled out all the details, and listed all the modifications on the car that i could remember and they came back with a price.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.