"Jap styling"dead?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
Well people forget that euro can be extreme too.
its low and smooth.
some proper euro cars are smoothed to an ich of there panel life.
The sump sits about an inch off the ground
The tyres are strech out well across the wheel and the wheel itself sits out of the arch.
Euro isnt necessaarily dropping it on moderately sixed wheels, its a step but only a first step.
I think engine performance is likely to coem more into the equation as a modifier gets a little older only due to insrance reasons.
also subtle mods are good in the eyes of the insurer compared to others too.
Common sense is starting to come back to the moddng scene.
Novas arent really getting the jap treatment anymore, mainly because most of them are rusted to nothing but yet people still loose that little bit of wit sometimes and buy a delta kit!

BAZRS2000

yes the drift look(on the right car) and street sleeper looks are the way to go i think.......better to go faster than you look, than to look faster than you can go. just my opinion though ;)

Twain

RMS Regular
BAZRS2000 said:
yes the drift look(on the right car) and street sleeper looks are the way to go i think.......better to go faster than you look, than to look faster than you can go. just my opinion though ;)

thats some quote there lad, go faster than you look!... maybe extremely modified show cars should be limited to bike engined minis etc, outrageous engineered constructions are still awesome to look at, prob cos they look standardish but pack a serious punch.

gaz, that 180sx looks very cool indeed, straight off the twistey circuit. Notice the absense of big alloy spoilers, prob will see less of them now the drift look is def in. Again the nissan drifters are proving more and more popular, just read another one bought on this website.

chunkosauras

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Np300
S15s are a fav of mine the diff alloys at the back is another class look, i just want a fast car FWD cos i dont have the balls to throw the back out an knowin my luck prob drift into a police check point!!!!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Gaz said:
From my personal point of view, I agree with modireland ...... gone completely off big bodykits. Some lowering, rims and engine mods for me ........ at the very most it will be a factory kit or something subtle.

Agreed.... Unless ita some *** off mad Veilside TT Supra *drools* Common i know for sup's but still the balls...

chunkosauras

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Np300
Its good to try new thing when moddin but its always gonna be love an hate, so if its a jap corsa then fine but dont expect a lot of ohhs and ahhs when you go cruisin.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Rab u know how to get me hard as alwyas lad lol...

That black s13 is beaut...

P.S, new motor on way m8 ;)

s13rab

RMS Regular
i hope its nissan daddy o ?? did u sell up the liner ? my 200 is back very very soon ..soo get ready full drift attack .once again :grinning:))))))

rsnutter

R
I think the big bodykit craze has died(Finally!). Personally i'd go for a pure sleeper - standard everythin maybe even standard rims if they are nice enough(unless they don't allow fitment of better brakes) but good suspension, tyres, brakes and a bit of engine tunage.

chunkosauras

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Np300
U know richy your face actully does look like that smiley when your confused exept he dont have a fag hangin out of his mouth!! ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.