Jetta 1272 LX

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Just bought this as a runaround since I'm looking to buy a house and the Corrado is a bit too expensive to keep. Found this by chance on ebay and the seller happened to be from Dunmurry. Its nearly too good to be a runaround so don't know wether to keep it or not:confounded:

It is the mintist car I've ever owned, only 52K with full history, all original documents, original unused tyre on spare wheel, original plates etc.

If I decide to keep it I'll lower it 80mm and try and find G60 steels again (just like my old Golf). No body mods at all - not even clear indicators

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/garage/car.php?user=4273&garageid=1075

63_12.JPG

PhilG

RMS Regular
Seen it on ebay too, and judging by the description it was unbelievebly clean (i hate the word "mint") for its age. almost "as new"

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
What a find! Looks fantastic, plans sound excellent. A set of fresh reg plates a la original dealer would complete the OEM/slammed look perfectly!!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
was a great find there Gman, getting a 1272 jetta myself pretty soon, it's waiting on me. get a Mk2 front slam panel and adopt the round lights onto the front . . . the golf looks pretty damn clean as well.

Gman

RMS Regular
OP
Gman
Drives
Octavia and E39
Yep Did a deal outside of ebay. Its actually her husband selling the cars. She won't let him keep them!

Ma55ey

RMS Regular
Me got 1 of them too,not a big bumper model tho but its turbo diesel,does 100mph(in private property tho;) )!!! Cudnt beat it with a big stick,on the button everytime!! Mint motor m8,gl with it.(y)

Attachments

• The Jetta.jpg
    The Jetta.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 86

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
MASSEY BURNOUT said:
Me got 1 of them too,not a big bumper model tho but its turbo diesel,does 100mph(in private property tho;) )!!! Cudnt beat it with a big stick,on the button everytime!! Mint motor m8,gl with it.(y)

I have a mk2 golf td, it did 115mph, get the pump and boost set up and she will fly, is yours an intercooler model?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
No way that is very clean...

Pity its red but still looks better nick than most red paint a year old (y)

I think u should go sumat a bit more extravogant when it come to the wheels... It'll look a bit too plain i think on G60 steelies just cause o that big arse on it!!!

Gman

RMS Regular
OP
Gman
Drives
Octavia and E39
It does have a big arse but thats the way I like em!

If I had the money, Widened BBS RMs would do nicely!

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Looks very clean indeed, excellent find.

We'll have to start an "Under 52k Mk2 Club". :cool:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
:eek: My good god. Thats mint!!

Owww, not g60 steelies, get some tear drop rims and have em mirror polished That would suit the motor perfectly imo.

Gman

RMS Regular
OP
Gman
Drives
Octavia and E39
HaHa forgot about the dubmodder website. About £1200 worth of wheels and suspension could get it looking like this lol

Attachments

• dubmodder!.JPG
    dubmodder!.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 66

Gman

RMS Regular
OP
Gman
Drives
Octavia and E39
Seems I just got on the computer at the right time this afternoon. Picked these up tonight. Have wanted a set for ages.
BBSWheels001.jpg

Just need to find some wider dishes (not cheap) to make them 7.5" all round or maybe 8" out back.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
You're a lucky man, was just about to see about those myself! They'll look well on it.

Gambit

RMS Regular
cool n the gang Gman!! you should give Lorne a shout he had wider outer rims dunno if he sold them though. otherwise id say 1.5 would be what your looking if you wanna keep it driveable!!

felgenfuchs of ebay is decent enough for prices - just email him if he doesnt have your size listed. ive bought of him before - he's in germany but very easy to deal with - and speaks english!!

will look sweet as on them & dropped

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.