JPCC loughgall festival of motorsport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Im entered on the classic stand, hope to make it but few issues with the car i need to sort first

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Really hoping to get a spin over to this as well, work dependant

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I have to say we were really looking forward to this and had been told it was a great day out. I can only say that i was really dissappointed! I was meant to show my own classic car but just decided against as we had a good hour and a half to travel, im glad i didnt take it really. The autotesting was cancelled and also the show car parade lap. The static show itself was good enough but i wouldnt have travelled so far if i had known there was nothing else to see. 20 quid in and 3 hour trip for a static show is a bit steep and for the other events to be cancelled without notice or reason why was very annoying. I know of other guys that have been for years and have siad they wont be back. Just my opinion.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
I have to say we were really looking forward to this and had been told it was a great day out. I can only say that i was really dissappointed! I was meant to show my own classic car but just decided against as we had a good hour and a half to travel, im glad i didnt take it really. The autotesting was cancelled and also the show car parade lap. The static show itself was good enough but i wouldnt have travelled so far if i had known there was nothing else to see. 20 quid in and 3 hour trip for a static show is a bit steep and for the other events to be cancelled without notice or reason why was very annoying. I know of other guys that have been for years and have siad they wont be back. Just my opinion.

Hi DJMCA
Sorry to hear that you where unhappy with the show, regards the autotesting it was actually running all morning in the yard area and then moved to the spectators area later in the day. The rally experience was also running all day even with one car on its roof at one point. The parade lap is not for all show cars but was for the Audi quattros (this years theme car) and classics and it took place at approx.1.30pm. Some but not all classics took part in this, we had over 300 cars in the show field on the day so the logistics of trying to get all these up a single access lane to the parade lap section would have proved impossible. So far we have had very positive feedback about the event from our facebook page and we are extremely happy with the turn out we had on the day, all money raised form the event will be donated to 3 deserving charities

AustinSevenS

RMS Member
Drives
(real) Minis
Hi DJMCA
Sorry to hear that you where unhappy with the show, regards the autotesting it was actually running all morning in the yard area and then moved to the spectators area later in the day.

I was at the yard a number of times during the day and at no time were there ever any autotests being carried out, and no sign of it ever have been done. I'm an autotester myself and know from experience that there would certainly be evidence of testing having been carried out - no cones, no flour lines and definately no rubber laid down!!

I enquired about the autotesting from the marshals/organisers who confirmed to me that it was cancelled, as was the classic car parade lap. Only the Audis went on the parade. I hung about for a while after and walked back up to the yard for the non existent autotest to double check.

I also didn't like parking in a mixed show. I'm a classic car enthusiast so would have preferred to have parked up in a classic area, and happily go to view the modified show and shine cars. Not my scene but I appreciate the work and care that goes into creating show cars and there are some fantastic machines on display.

This show has gone downhill dramatically over the past few years I have to say and I doubt I'll be back at it. Unless I bring the rally car out and enter the experience rides.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Hi DJMCA
Sorry to hear that you where unhappy with the show, regards the autotesting it was actually running all morning in the yard area and then moved to the spectators area later in the day. The rally experience was also running all day even with one car on its roof at one point. The parade lap is not for all show cars but was for the Audi quattros (this years theme car) and classics and it took place at approx.1.30pm. Some but not all classics took part in this, we had over 300 cars in the show field on the day so the logistics of trying to get all these up a single access lane to the parade lap section would have proved impossible. So far we have had very positive feedback about the event from our facebook page and we are extremely happy with the turn out we had on the day, all money raised form the event will be donated to 3 deserving charities

A worthy cause for fantastic charities and that i dont deny. The problem must obviously lie with your programme which stated the autotesting was from 12 to 4pm. As above, we went up to see it several times and couldnt find it, when we enquired with the marshals they didnt know what had happened and couldnt explain. The show car parade lap was stated on the programme as a different event follwing the Quattro lap, again we stood on the circuit for a long time (along with other spectators) awaiting this and at no point did anyone tell us that it was not happening. We only heard a lot of cars revving in the show grounds and the Marshal that we spoke to didnt know why it hadnt happened and again had no reasoning. We then left as not much was happening and we had already been round the static show twice.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.