Keiths engine- setting the compression, maths lesson

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

S_Gault

RMS Regular
Ok heres a few details-

the block deck height and piston volume came out at 17cc

the head gasket is 3.9cc

equation is (swept volume + compressed volume) / compressed volume.

but Keiths engine isnt 1297cc anymore its got a bore size of 76mm giving 1331cc with std stroke of 73.4mm. and the std compression is much too low at 9.4:1

so to save all the bollocks- I need 14.1cc in the head to get the compression where i want it... ie 0.045in has to come off head.

Next time- Cam timing!

Steven

S_Gault

RMS Regular
OP
S_Gault
this is what it takes to properly build any engine!

I do this with every single engine I do..

My thinking is that if its not 100% right, then its 100% wrong!

your 1600- sure its only 88hp!

Im just finished a 180hp 1600XE!

Steven

brendy

RMS Regular
im having a giggle with yiou mate, im referring to the other post regarding the 1.2 owner wanting to upgrade but without mot or insurance finding out and being told to use a 1.6 cav engine.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
looking good steven.
i dont think any1 expects this car to be tarmac terrorist but it should be nippy and it will sound sweet when the TB's roar and looks very tidy already!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
The car is going to be a good all round car. Very clean, looks nice and tidy, comfy interior, sounds good, and has enough power for some fun, but no subaru destroyer!

I Dont think it's a waste of time/cash to build a nice spec 1300! There's a 1400SR on Novaload which can do a 16.3 sec quater mile, running standard cam, with t40's. Thats a simaliar time to a 1600 16v VTS Saxo in standard trim! Remember 1400 SR's start with the same BHP as the 1300! So it give's me a fair idea of how mine will drive!

Cheers for the Info Steven!

Keith

S_Gault

RMS Regular
OP
S_Gault
it will all depend on the gearing keith uses (and the size of the wheels).

Ive a fiar idea what sort of grunt it shiould have from previous experience but I'll hold fire till I run it on the dyno.

Steven

Mr 106

RMS Regular
KeithRobinson said:
The car is going to be a good all round car. Very clean, looks nice and tidy, comfy interior, sounds good, and has enough power for some fun, but no subaru destroyer!

I Dont think it's a waste of time/cash to build a nice spec 1300! There's a 1400SR on Novaload which can do a 16.3 sec quater mile, running standard cam, with t40's. Thats a simaliar time to a 1600 16v VTS Saxo in standard trim! Remember 1400 SR's start with the same BHP as the 1300! So it give's me a fair idea of how mine will drive!

Cheers for the Info Steven!

Keith
dont mean to piss on your bonfire mate but if my vts did a 16.3 qtr id cry.
ive seen figures range from 14.7 to 15.3.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Whys that then daz - they are listed as being 16.1s :roll:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Daz said:
dont mean to piss on your bonfire mate but if my vts did a 16.3 qtr id cry.
ive seen figures range from 14.7 to 15.3.

"a simaliar time to a 1600 16v VTS Saxo in standard trim"

I've been to santa pod, and most VTS Saxo's, in standard trim, (that means no uprated ANYTHING" seem to do quaters in around 16 sec's, some better, some worse. I'm not saying i'm out there to destroy any VTS's, far from it, its only to give a rough guide to what kind of performance i should have!

Keith

brendy

RMS Regular
and as much torque as a dyson. These little cars are light enough to frighten some bigger cars but thats all keith is after, hes not out to start etching kills on his wings.
This is why im using one as a track car, for fun and to scare a few bigger motors, though im going for an sri 130 conversion but hey, no insurance or tax means i can afford new mounts every month!!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
brendy said:
These little cars are light enough to frighten some bigger cars but thats all keith is after

Exactly :laughing:

And i want it for the noise of these badboys!

mycarbs.gif

Keith

S_Gault

RMS Regular
OP
S_Gault
To come clean,

its basically a more modern spec Nova Sport setup but without the hairy Enem cam

Steven

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
S_Gault said:
To come clean,

its basically a more modern spec Nova Sport setup but without the hairy Enem cam

Steven

what sort of power were the sports producing in road trim??

Bronk

RMS Regular
not 2 sure on bhp ! but they were one of the quikest novas about! pity they r rare as hens tetth now

Pac-Man

Banned
sideways365 said:
S_Gault said:
To come clean,

Steven

what sort of power were the sports producing in road trim??
93bhp if i remember correctly.

(I used to be a Nova fanatic. oh the shame :oops: )

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Pac-Man said:
KeithRobinson said:
And i want it for the noise of these badboys!

mycarbs.gif

Keith

Pffffttttt... look at all the size of them, Keith lad.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your such a cheap git, with ur dirty second hand market carbs, pffffff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Keith

Pac-Man

Banned
KeithRobinson said:
Your such a cheap git, with ur dirty second hand market carbs, pffffff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Keith
Ha! The Dellortos have been sold!! Watch this space is all i can say.. ;)

PS - Nice edit i see in your previous post to agree with me about the 93bhp in the Nova Sport. ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.