Kilbroney 2018

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm desperately trying to get something ready for it but with this weather I don't know if I'll get it done now.

On another note - is/was there no Mosney show this year?

No Mosney anymore, land was sold for development and left the club with no where to host it. Pity as it was a great show.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I'll be leaving pretty early, going to go via Hilltown to avoid Warrenpoint. If any RMSers want to meet along the way we could go in and park up together.

Was talking to the guys on Carlingford Ferry, they said a lot from the South go that way over to Greencastle, that'd be a cool trip sometime.

Dude can you meet @ciarandeery1 for me please.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What weather report are you guys looking at? Couple i just checked there says Warrenpoint might get a little rain in the afternoon just? Temperature reasonable?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
What weather report are you guys looking at? Couple i just checked there says Warrenpoint might get a little rain in the afternoon just? Temperature reasonable?
upload_2018-6-14_10-39-44.png

Lol.

Chance of rain throughout the whole say. I'll not be riding down anyway, will take the Jetta.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I went via Hilltown last year and sat for hours on the hill down into Rostrevor. I think I might just go earlier on the normal route through Warrenpoint instead this year.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Still going to go despite the rain plenty of trees to hide under. Though might just bring the one car now.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
If it’s real bad weather I’m not sure I can be arsed taking the sport down when it’s just been slicked up

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
BBC weather i find crap. Typically one of the places i looked at before (weather.com) has now changed to rain all day :sweat::poop:

Brian McC

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Murano
Not too bad down here at the moment, We use "Louth Weather" on Facebook for local forecasts as they have proven to be very accurate and they give a mix of sunny spells and showers so that suits me fine (wee skiff of rain to keep the dust down)

Lee

RMS Regular
Fudge sake, I'm planning to take a spin to this. Hope it isn't a washout, and I hope lots of nice motors aren't deterred! What time does it start?

Jethro

RMS Regular
I went via Hilltown last year and sat for hours on the hill down into Rostrevor. I think I might just go earlier on the normal route through Warrenpoint instead this year.

If you had headed out of Hilltown for Rostrevor and took the first road on the left, the Leitrim Road just past the INF hall, it would have taken you past Santas Cottage and straight down into Rostrevor, you could have parked anywhere near the end of it and walked down the Fairy Glen to the show. I rode up that rode last year during the traffic chaos and there were 2 cars on it at the junction.;);)

Bryan

RMS Regular
If you had headed out of Hilltown for Rostrevor and took the first road on the left, the Leitrim Road just past the INF hall, it would have taken you past Santas Cottage and straight down into Rostrevor, you could have parked anywhere near the end of it and walked down the Fairy Glen to the show. I rode up that rode last year during the traffic chaos and there were 2 cars on it at the junction.;);)

I think that's the road we went down however as I had this on the back I couldn't park up and walk in....

19148900_1345226698894203_5017219355081848105_n.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'll be leaving pretty early, going to go via Hilltown to avoid Warrenpoint. If any RMSers want to meet along the way we could go in and park up together.

Was talking to the guys on Carlingford Ferry, they said a lot from the South go that way over to Greencastle, that'd be a cool trip sometime.

What time you hoping to leave Lurgan at bud?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I’m still for heading to this. Does anyone think the traffic might be calmer because of the rain? Claire’s coming with but didn’t like the idea of leaving the house at 8, lol

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
I’m still for heading to this. Does anyone think the traffic might be calmer because of the rain? Claire’s coming with but didn’t like the idea of leaving the house at 8, lol

il be leaving at 5.50 or so id say

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Come in from kilkeel direction at about 2pm and you will drive straight to the gates, still plenty of time to see everything

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
What time you hoping to leave Lurgan at bud?

If the weather is as bad as it looks I will probably leave it, which is a shame as its a brilliant show. Just don't fancy sitting in traffic and rain.. But will check forecast again tonight. Worst case scenario there's always Downroyal on Sunday

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
As much as I want to go to this the rain is ruining any hope of getting there. I've a garden to finish off before the daughters birthday next week and I know the rain is going to make everything twice as long :/