kit car/car building for tracks or hill climbs?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chip

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang Cobra
Any one every built and raced a car for either track or hill climbs. Thinking of a project for the next couple of months and need any advice possible. Ie best donor cars, things to be careful off. Just any thing that may be useful to me.

Thanks

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Are you building a kit-car or a converting a road car. What class are you thinking of entering? If its a kit-car, a Locost would be the cheapest option. Theres a few in the hillclimbing. Jimmy Dougan owns one (think he owns Hilltop garage (Saintfield I think) if youre gonna try and get in touch with someone about it). As for converting a road car for racing, the list could be endless. I did it with a twin-cam Metro- but Novas, 205's etc are good and more parts available. As for the bigger classes, you could enter just about anything. Check out anicc.org.uk for class regulations. Road-going classes in sprints and hills would be your best and cheapest bet.

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
Does this mean that you could run in something like a 205 gti with standard running gear and still be competitive? + of course a roll cage, fire ex, harness etc.

chip

RMS Regular
OP
chip
Drives
Mustang Cobra
it would be more building the car with the locost idea in mind for hill climbs or sprints and even the option of a road going car if it meets legal requirements

S_Gault

RMS Regular
ive done this many times.. in fact run about 10 cars for people in such discilpine, what you want to know?

some pics are on my site-

Steven

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.