Laguna Air Bag Light

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

GM@N

I recently accquired a 97 laguna rt 1.8 cheap ..nice driving car but the the air bag indicator will not go off so I have a few questions.

1. Is it easy and cheap to sort out (bearing in mind I hate paying dealer prices cos the f**kers do take the p*ss)

2. Will it pass MOT staying on. I have been told it will and it wont so I am even more confused :laughing:

brendy

RMS Regular
if you passed you got someone dozing (lucky boy!!), remember they have a friggin huge list like you see at air pumps at garages only its not psi they show its the airbag light status and timing.

amoore

Banned
yeah, pretty sure. as a general rule for the MOT, if its not fitted, it can't be tested. :lol:

will

RMS Regular
although if the light doesn't ever turn on how will the people at the MOT centre test the airbag? - they're likely to fail you for a fault in the airbag.

jsmr

RMS Regular
Drives
MG ZR 1.4 16v 11
if you take the bulb out she will pass no prob!! if you want to try to fix it, soler all the connections under the seat and if it still it right she needs put up on the computer at renault!!

GM@N

OP
G
I pulled the bulb and she passed !!! I'm thinking of gettin it sorted properly after the holidays tho

Marc

RMS Moderator
mate, check the wires to the pretensioner under the passenger and drivers seat, this is a common renault fault

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
If it was an ABS warning light not working properly then you would def fail.

The airbag light in my Clio never turns off and it has always passed the MOT.

PhilG

RMS Regular
its a common reno problem, on a clio you just fiddle with the wires under the passenger seat and it goes out. I haven't managed to turn out the light on my megane, but the previous owner painted over the light with black nail varnish and it passed the MOT ^o) ^o) ^o) . i will be using nail varnish remover sometime.
I know of a reno breakers that have a computer to put out the light, but i never have time to get there.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Airbag Light

It will definitely pass the MOT with the light on. Its more than likely a bad connection underneath one of the seats by the way, thats usually the problem.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Yeah, Dad's Scrote Van had a dud airbag, light always winking away. Passed MOT 4 years running like that. I pulled the fuse but it just left the light on permenant - much less distracting than the flashing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.