Legal obligation to a sold car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Ive just received an angry phonecall from a man who i sold my 106 to back in January.he is phoning me saying there is no jack,wheel brace or locking nuts to take off the wheels.There is a jack here for him but if i didnt give him the rest at the time then they have been thrown out.Is 10/11 months a unreasonable time to phone me back after all this or do i still have a legal obligation to the car?

bob

RMS Regular
Unless you gave him some sort of warrenty its sold as seen mate.

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
I certainly didnt give him a warranty.Thats what i thought-i just thought it was hilarious that after 11 months he phoned me back.

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
You should have said u bought your phone off that jonny ******* too and it didnt have a battery! :p

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i have had a few stalkers like that when u sell them a car they think u r a main stream dealer

Porter

RMS Regular
tell me about it, lol

SOLD AS SEEN, THATS WHY THEY RECOMMEND SOMEONE GO WITH YOU CAUSE THERE IS NO COMEBACK

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
good grief. just say car was sold 'as was' and if he didnt check at the time its his own fault.

for all u know he coulda lost them himself somewhere ;) !!

jonny106

RMS Regular
OP
jonny106
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
To add to this whole debacle he phoned me the next day apologising for his tone in our previous conversation and then added that after speaking to his son again it seems that HE lost the locking nut that i had given him.At this point i just laughed and said goodbye.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.