Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Never realised LIDL were discriminating against NI.
Same wee battery chainsaw £49.99 England £59.99 here.
They’re still knocking out 2ah batteries for £12.99 we’ve jumped to £14.99

Though that cordless circular saw above Is the same price.

And I’m at one with the world again.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I've an excuse...we are going to do a fence and a bench for the garage this summer 🤣

I really missed not having a circular saw doing my fencing, although a mitre saw is more useful, I’m going to give the cordless a go, still cheap even though you have to buy a battery and charger on top

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is yours the battery one or the corded one? I noticed the battery one is on next week's leaflet.

Mine is the corded one, far handier for me as I'd spend a full Saturday cutting when I use it, so would need plenty of batteries on stand by!

brendy

RMS Regular
Got my chainsaw in Lidl Bloomfield (around half a dozen still there along with chippers and petrol hedgetrimmers). For 90 quid, I've got to say, it feels pretty well out together. Comes with 500ml chain oil, living tank and ear and eye protection. Needs 2stroke but most garages etc sell it.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I'm sad gentlemen.

Day off today, pay day and I walked into lidl like a dog with two dicks!

No circular saw....No nothing.

I was a day early.

If anyone is looking a chainsaw the junction one lidl has loads

LOL Sods law you'll go in tomorrow and there will be none left.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Does any of the DIY stuff be out on on display late this evening or is it first thing in the morning?

Few bits i want out of this weeks stuff.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Does any of the DIY stuff be out on on display late this evening or is it first thing in the morning?

Few bits i want out of this weeks stuff.

Be there and in the queue before 8. And try not to punch the twunt thats in just before you and puts the only 6 of what you want in a trolley and smiles at you as you say ‘seriously?’

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Be there and in the queue before 8. And try not to punch the twunt thats in just before you and puts the only 6 of what you want in a trolley and smiles at you as you say ‘seriously?’

Lift one out when his back is turned :grinning:

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Has anyone found the Impact Gun to be absolutely **** and brilliant at the same time? Mine NEVER gets wheels nuts off but has powered through some seriously seized suspension components with ease. Can’t wrap my head around it at all.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Has anyone found the Impact Gun to be absolutely **** and brilliant at the same time? Mine NEVER gets wheels nuts off but has powered through some seriously seized suspension components with ease. Can’t wrap my head around it at all.
You're tightening the wheelnuts too much! 🤣

I would have been lost without it doing this job last week
20210328_163216.jpg

100% some of the bolts would have sheared... the hammer and on/off action is great for rusty sized bolts.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Haven’t had too many problems with wheel nuts either. It took absolutely everything off the MK2 no problems at all. Bolts untouched in 30 years came right out.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
It’s not over tightening, wheels torqued to spec. Which is easily released with a ratchet, my impact gun just won’t do it. 20year old suspension components though that have me hanging off the breaker bar... no issue.

You know what, I already know the answer to my own ponderings! I use the bit set that came with it for the wheels as they are long sockets and for everything else I always use my stubby Halfords Advanced impact sockets!

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Yeah, nabbed 2 myself for the big saw but a p***k in the queue beside me took all the 4ah batteries that were left in Lisburn. Not cool.

By all, i mean about 8

Maybe legit.......suppose I could be judged for taking 2

i dunno

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I went this morning to get the circular saw and the guide rail.

Said for the laugh I would go early as my mum went last year for something and ended up being way back down the queue.

Ended up being 3rd and by the time it opened there was about 40 people in the queue

Was like a scene from a film with people running down the isles to get the lawnmowers and stuff.

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
LOL! Fair point!

Legitimately, one to reside at my mums house which will no doubt get broken very (VERY) quickly. Great for pruning chunkier shrubs etc but i would say doesn't have the nuts the big one does. She will invariably use it to cut a tree root and trash it.

The big one to reside at my house and not get used until i desperately find a use for it apart from a deterrent.

And 2 workbenches as I plan to turn one into a welding bench and one for a wood bench as it is.

And 2 batteries as the big saw takes 2

Christ...........lol...............having to justify duplicates because I was slegging people buying multiples. Shudda seen that coming :laughing: