Local classic car insurance

will1588

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
in the final weeks of total resto on a mx5 mk1 no rot!!! so looking for classic cover rang my local NI guys that i insure my road car with and got a rough quote of 176 quid for 3k miles comprehensive and it seems bloody expensive , i'm so long away from classic cover , i don't think its any bargain paying 175/3k miles. full advanced liscense since the late 60's no smacks, no tickets, nought.. anyone throw light or another broker my way.. will

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Abbey Autoline

Was £450 for me & the Mrs on Porsche 964, Sierra Cosworth, Ferrari F355 & a Mk1 Mondeo Si!
Up to £550 this year due to a claim made against the Cossie.. nobody else would touch us bar an English firm @£2k

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Try RH Classic, 01277 206911, been with them years and always great prices, include breakdown cover too.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Thinks it’s £160 or so for the scoob. Fully comp 3k a year with mods

will1588

RMS Regular
OP
will1588
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
I must be doing something wrong Abbey is who i'm with on the Benz, they're the boys who quoted me 176 and thats without all their profit add ons which I didn't want.. I put her over it several times they stuck to that quote...

will1588

RMS Regular
OP
will1588
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
Your Scooby is cheap compared to my yoke or the other chap for 2 drivers, who has 4 hi value, hi perf vehicles for 550... and Coog who has 3 for 180.. just doing the maths.. summat wrong..

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Your Scooby is cheap compared to my yoke or the other chap for 2 drivers, who has 4 hi value, hi perf vehicles for 550... and Coog who has 3 for 180.. just doing the maths.. summat wrong..

Are you involved with an owners club? I had about 5 quotes but the one from the owners clubs was a third of the price and agreed value.. what kind of classic is it?

Try EA Davies in Glengormely..

will1588

RMS Regular
OP
will1588
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
No owners clubs, Not interested in trailing down towards the capital city to attend monthly meetings..they are nearly always citycentric, and I'm a country man.. but I will try some of the tips that were given cheers...

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think I got a slight discount for being in the type ra owners club. It’s went up about 20% a year over the last 3 years. I checked the quote and it was actually closer to £180.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
in the final weeks of total resto on a mx5 mk1 no rot!!! so looking for classic cover rang my local NI guys that i insure my road car with and got a rough quote of 176 quid for 3k miles comprehensive and it seems bloody expensive , i'm so long away from classic cover , i don't think its any bargain paying 175/3k miles. full advanced liscense since the late 60's no smacks, no tickets, nought.. anyone throw light or another broker my way.. will
I went with classicline for my e36 it was £167 for the year including legal and breakdown cover for uk and Europe.1500 miles agreed.I paid an extra £25 for guaranteed agreed value

will1588

RMS Regular
OP
will1588
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
OK GUYS. sorted this day, 150 , what wasn't explained is that the 1st vehicle is so much and then additions can be as little as a tenner dependant obviously on their individual valuations.. did biz .. thx guys...will

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Need to get insurance sorted today for the 944.

Autoline are £235, which isn’t bad, but I was expecting sub £200.

Any suggestions before I hit the button with Autoline?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Have mentioned before RH always with a try 01277 206911 they're great with older stuff and usually includes legal and breakdown

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
OK GUYS. sorted this day, 150 , what wasn't explained is that the 1st vehicle is so much and then additions can be as little as a tenner dependant obviously on their individual valuations.. did biz .. thx guys...will
Who did you use in the end? I've tried all of the above and they won't quote me