Local Eibach dealer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Didnt know where to post this so hope it's ok here.

Is there any local (Northern Ireland) places that sell Eibach stuff?

Brother has broke a front spring on a set of coilovers, so will be needing a new pair of springs for the front.

He will be contacting the crowd in England where he got them and Eibach directly but thought I'd ask if there's anywhere more local.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
You can use any spring you want on a coilover. Doesn't have to be eibach.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You can use any spring you want on a coilover. Doesn't have to be eibach.

The top of the spring needs a bigger seat than the bottom if you know what I mean, the springs not straight and narrow like on most coilovers it's shaped more like a normal spring. You can't fit the spring upside down.

Top Is on the left
IMG_0862.JPG

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Id just ring eibach tbh - they might replace it free?
Brother will be doing that today if he gets time. Tho the only number he can find is for Germany

He's had them in the golf for 8/9 years and 170,000+ miles of Fermanagh roads. They've done right well.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
FK springs would look worse in 5 mins on the roads lol
I know, they never been removed, properly cleaned or adjusted since first firmest either.

The stainless body has zero rust and cleans up like new and basically fell out of the hub once it was loosed and spread.

Even the shock itself is still nice and tight, they can also be stripped and rebuilt if need be.

colin84

RMS Regular
I know, they never been removed, properly cleaned or adjusted since first firmest either.

The stainless body has zero rust and cleans up like new and basically fell out of the hub once it was loosed and spread.

Even the shock itself is still nice and tight, they can also be stripped and rebuilt if need be.

Just shows you get what you pay for. I had a 1 year old set of FK's and the drivers strut snapped in half on the motorway.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just shows you get what you pay for. I had a 1 year old set of FK's and the drivers strut snapped in half on the motorway.
I bent 3 apex shocks on separate occasions on my bora :-#
Was the body not the piston the bent

Never buying that sh*te again. Then bought kw and the quality difference was unreal, shocks felt heavier and better made

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
I bent 3 apex shocks on separate occasions on my bora :-#
Was the body not the piston the bent

Never buying that sh*te again. Then bought kw and the quality difference was unreal, shocks felt heavier and better made
Eibach bought KW?

Who did he buy them off in England? DPM performance are an Eibach dealer over there and are very easy to deal with

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Eibach bought KW?

Who did he buy them off in England? DPM performance are an Eibach dealer over there and are very easy to deal with
yep

I forget the name now. Had motorsport in it lol. He rang them yesterday and they were to ring back but didn't.

Price has gone up nearly £200 for the same kit since he bought them.

Sam.

RMS Regular
The bodies are most likely KW but as far as I know Eibach use their own springs.

As above, I've used DPM and they're great to deal with.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Talked demontweeks today as the crowd he bought them from never got back to him and also got onto Eibach themselves.

£140 inc vat for a pair of front springs.

Last edited:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Talked demontweeks today as the crowd he bought them from never got back to him and also got onto Eibach themselves.

£140 inc car for a pair of front springs.
For an extra £40 you'd get a full set. If not get them for Germany for £140. You'd be better doing that in case others break and you have them spare

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
For an extra £40 you'd get a full set. If not get them for Germany for £140. You'd be better doing that in case others break and you have them spare
There coilovers not springs and shocks.

Rears are probably the same price

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.