Looking a Mk7.5 Golf R or….

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Have now upped my budget to around £18k,

I’d anyone sees a Mk7.5 Golf R or facelift 8V S3 please let me know :grinning:

Have seen a 2018 Navarra blue facelift S3, 66k miles, with VC and most of other options apart from SS seats for £18k private sale in England,
Also there’s the 100k miles one above for £15.7k from a dealer in England with VC

Can only see a few non-red Mk7.5’s for under £18k, around the 70k miles

Don’t really have access to Facebook groups etc

Reactions: DC.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
They’re cool but looking something a bit more prestige for a change I think…

This 340i is intriguing as fully specced out,
Not xdrive but seems the B58 engine is pretty reliable - could be a practical nice daily?

IMG_0323.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
From front to back, just looks like a 318 until you see the badge on the boot - great cars and I've a close friend with an estate version with stage 1 tune, Eventuri intake and uprated diff - goes like the clappers and handles brilliantly

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
From front to back, just looks like a 318 until you see the badge on the boot - great cars and I've a close friend with an estate version with stage 1 tune, Eventuri intake and uprated diff - goes like the clappers and handles brilliantly
Yea apart from thr back with the exhausts and badge it’s hard to tell the difference from my previous F30 330d… better sound tho ..

The one above has seemingly every option inc HUD, sign rec, all MS brake options, rev camera etc…but for some reason it doesn’t have the adaptive suspension…

I’m my 330d the adaptive suspension was a must apparently so wondering what these are like on normal Msport suspension …?

Also- running costs compared to an R or S3?

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Think I’m going to pull the trigger on a Navarra blue facelift S3 sportback in the next couple of days …
Unless something else pops up before then.
The virtual cockpit in the Audi helps a lot, tho impossible to find the VC along with the SS seats.

By all accounts the Golf is the more nimble car for chucking about but my driving will be quick blasts here and there and more wanting a nicer interior -
Not that there’s too much in it now with the 7.5

I’ll have the E46 for summer/ warmer months and weekends so I think the S3 will be a class daily all
Year round - and will be the newest most modern car I’ll have owned tbf

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
I have no idea if these are in budget but can you get a c43 AMG for that £? The Merc interiors are something else
I briefly looked at A35/A45’s but appeared they had all kind of nightly faults /common issues - more than S3/Golf etc
I do like the looks of them tho…
Running costs /mpg appear to be lot worse too for a daily

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.