lorry parking

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

grp4chevette

RMS Regular
carrickfergus. looking out kojacks with kodaks
Drives
2wd magenta coss
whats the law with parking a lorry outside your own house over night i live in a detached bungalow and i can park a unit and reffer along the front of my place and still be in my boundery but the ole doll across the street is crying about it i have only been living here about 5 weeks before i was in my last house 4 years and not a churp from anyone i would maybe be home in the lorry once or twice a week some weeks i'm not even home in it.

what can be done about it if anything?

cheers neill

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
if it has tax, insurance and PSV tell her to ring the PSNI and they will more than likely laugh at her

there are some laws that state you can't park close to junctions in housing areas etc but now that the police can no longer ticket you, then there is slim chance the aul doll can do anything.

I stand corrected of course.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Is it just the Cab I take it? nothing really she can complain about other than its ruining her view :p

grp4chevette

RMS Regular
OP
grp4chevette
Drives
2wd magenta coss
its only a unit i would be parking and i keep it sorta in the middle of the wall as our 2 drive ways are facing each other the best bit is the ole doll does not even drive she says the lorry is lowering the tone of the street lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
lowering the tone = swing on it aul doll

in pink, on her front door:

3735718741_dd2635541f.jpg

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Well if the fridge was going all night I think I'd be gurning too. Someone parked a fridge trailer across the road from here one night, bloody diesel engine starting and stopping every half hour. Thankfully he drove off around 1am.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Oh right thought by the way you said that you were parking the unit and fridge infront of the house, oh well she definetly cant complain about a unit sure loads of ppl park units in their streets.

Well if the fridge was going all night I think I'd be gurning too. Someone parked a fridge trailer across the road from here one night, bloody diesel engine starting and stopping every half hour. Thankfully he drove off around 1am.

Hahaha nah I wouldnt be to happy about that either. I hate it when Im parked up sleeping and some f**ker comes in with a fridge. Feel like getting out and turning it off on them!
Then again maybe I should just be glad I havent got one (y)

grp4chevette

RMS Regular
OP
grp4chevette
Drives
2wd magenta coss
I hate it when Im parked up sleeping and some f**ker comes in with a fridge. Feel like getting out and turning it off on them!
Then again maybe I should just be glad I havent got one

when i started to drive lorrys back in the day i asked differant lorry driver i knew how could they sleep in the bunk with that racket going flat out , now i understand that when you've been driving the clock round you can sleep anytime anywhere lol

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
When I was buying the house my solicitor checked the deeds to make sure I was allowed to have a van IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY. I would get that checked before you tell her where to go

formulaone

RMS Regular
guy lived facing me used to park his lorry and trailer outside his house, another neighbour complained about it parked there as it was blocking his view. he phoned the guys work and complained to them wrote to his mp tried to start a petition with other neighbours against the lorry being parked on the public road. i told him to fu ck off when he called at my door. in short if the vehicle is legal and parked at your own door then nothing she can do. buy her a bunch of flowers and a big F**K off (y)

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
when i started to drive lorrys back in the day i asked differant lorry driver i knew how could they sleep in the bunk with that racket going flat out , now i understand that when you've been driving the clock round you can sleep anytime anywhere lol

Not that you would drive round the clock ofcourse ;)

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Just ask her to point out one thing in or part of her house (including the building) that has never been on a lorry at any stage then tell her that her life as she knows it could never function without lorries!!!!

F**KIN hate toffs who look down their nose at truckers!!

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
As long as its not obstructing the movement of traffic and the pedistrians from crossing the road safely then it should be alright in view!

K55

RMS Regular
Aye my dad's often left the unit outside the house, tell her where to go!

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Thread resurrection. Is there a limit on the physical size and/or GVW of a LGV parked in a street? Do the vehicles have to be lit? I’m thinking here of a 3 or 4 tonne Vehicle.

smb1

RMS Regular
Drives
golf gti
I had a similer thing happen to me ,quite a few years ago mind you,[scania 141], fella complained to police and local council cause I was startin the lorry bout 6am,police told him cause its after 6 and not causing an obstruction theres no law being broke

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Don't know if it is of any relevance but I've seen lorries parked with wheels on the kerb, which they have destroyed. For example on Hill Street in Belfast, loads of the pavement flag stones have broken or lifted because of delivery lorries driving and/or stopping on them. SImilarly I've seen lorry tyres sinking into tarred pavements. Keep it off the kerb and I can't see any real grounds for objection.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Don't know if it is of any relevance but I've seen lorries parked with wheels on the kerb, which they have destroyed. For example on Hill Street in Belfast, loads of the pavement flag stones have broken or lifted because of delivery lorries driving and/or stopping on them. SImilarly I've seen lorry tyres sinking into tarred pavements. Keep it off the kerb and I can't see any real grounds for objection.

They opened a new bypass near a site we have in England complete with those hollow drainage kerbs. Lorries have them completed destroyed on the roundabouts. Silly idea to spec them to be honest.

neil-c

RMS Regular
They opened a new bypass near a site we have in England complete with those hollow drainage kerbs. Lorries have them completed destroyed on the roundabouts. Silly idea to spec them to be honest.

Agreed. They have them round the balls at the falls and they're constantly blocked so the water just lies across the road/roundabout.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.