Lotus Elise 240 Final Edition

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I picked this up last week from Lotus Nottingham.
It’s a one owner 2021 Lotus Elise 240 Final Edition in Solar Yellow. Only 2500 miles. It’s been ceramic coated and half PPF’d. Apparently the last owner kept it in a garage, in a sealed carcoon and it’s never seen rain. (Until now 😂)

The Morgan just wasn’t meant to be, a very cool car but flawed in too many ways. And I just wasn’t driving it as much as I thought I would have. Once I knew it had to go, I had to decide what to replace it with. As the Super 3 is so niche, I figured it would take forever to sell. So trading it in would be the easiest option. Most Morgan dealerships also sell Caterhams and Lotus Cars. So I knew either an Elise or Caterham 7 would be the best and easiest options. Caterhams I figured would have a lot of the same downsides as the Morgan so an Elise was the winner. I spotted this car at Lotus Nottingham. Luckily for me Lotus Nottingham are about to become a Morgan Dealership so were happy to take the Super 3 as a trade in.

On the drive from Nottingham to Stranraer, I avoided motorways as best I could. I took the scenic route through the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and the Pennines.
The roads were epic and really suited the car. Everything you read about the Elise is true. It’s not the fastest, but the ride and handling, especially the steering are amazing. Bumpy British back roads are what this car was made for!

The 240 Final Edition is pretty rare, apparently (don’t quote me on this) only 62 were made and that’s including the Final Edition 250 Cup cars. The Final Edition has 240bhp, 23bhp more than the 220 sport from its 1.8L supercharged Toyota engine. And comes with the cool TFT digital speedo and updated flat bottomed steering wheel. It also comes with forged lightweight alloys. 17in at the rear, 16in at the front.

The interior is really nice. Standard interior is half black leather, half grey cloth. Which is what my car originally came with. The leather seats and door cards are actually from an Exige Final Edition. The guy who ordered the Exige wanted a tan interior which wasn’t available on the options for the car. So Lotus Nottingham ordered a separate tan interior for him, then swapped them at the dealership. And then presumably sold the nicer leather interior to the first owner of my car.

Plans so far are to keep it totally stock. And keep it forever, but then I always say that. 😂
685D35DD-DD09-43CB-A040-ADF0A2B9DF94.jpeg
71021756-E336-44B0-B3FF-F0B76A6221F1.jpeg
57EF3ADA-B35B-4ABE-ADF5-0F61E5B9ED13.jpeg
BF516F3B-B3AE-4310-A344-7F06183E1271.jpeg
5B0BFCCB-1207-4F1E-A5AF-1EAB4115FF71.jpeg
1DA2D29B-9B25-4825-9601-B842017DB795.jpeg
EE19BE87-02DC-4380-A1BD-7174AEEFE7B1.jpeg
4836D6C8-BC38-45B8-96C6-196E931D184A.jpeg
E09F1C89-CE69-44A5-B873-96C1F1EEA476.jpeg
554AC1E2-9B93-4307-BC16-30A7114FE95F.jpeg
095F404F-C245-46D4-9936-A3825B7796B3.jpeg
31702B78-E61A-43A6-AAEF-E9E8ED507149.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Love it! Tbh no roof is just crap in this climate and you’ve got just about the perfect compromise there.

An Elise is a box I need to tick before the prices get completely out of reach, htd.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Love it! Tbh no roof is just crap in this climate and you’ve got just about the perfect compromise there.

An Elise is a box I need to tick before the prices get completely out of reach, htd.

Yeah it’s the perfect convertible because with the back window it’s more of a targa. So you’re not getting your head blown off at higher speeds!
And the engines right behind your head, so the great engine note never gets drowned out by wind noise. 👍

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Love this, definitely a car I'd like to own one day. Love that interior as well!

Can't wait to see it sideways round Anglesey 😂😀😛

Thanks Gav.
The Golf is taking so long to get sorted I might have to take it to Anglesey!
Looked great on the road. Knew it was you from about 4 corners away!

Thanks Rocko.
When you waved my wife asked “is that one of your car nerd friends?”
😂

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Thanks Gav.
The Golf is taking so long to get sorted I might have to take it to Anglesey!

Thanks Rocko.
When you waved my wife asked “is that one of your car nerd friends?”
😂

Ah no, that's a shame about the Golf. But if you take this in sure it'll be even more fun, ideal for the car.

Sure just stay at the back with me and go at 60% send instead of 110% 😂 I'll try not to powerslide in to you

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Ah no, that's a shame about the Golf. But if you take this in sure it'll be even more fun, ideal for the car.

Sure just stay at the back with me and go at 60% send instead of 110% 😂 I'll try not to powerslide in to you

Don’t even joke about that happening!
Maybe I’ll take a rental car instead. 😂

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That is absolutely epic in so many ways. I've only ever driven an S2 but I loved it. Hectic getting in, but once you're in its a brilliant place to be. This thing is stunning, love the interior too.

My favourite cars I've owned have been go-kart type cars, Swift Sports & MX5 and I absolutely loved them. The most fun I've ever had. These are the king of gokarts. Albeit they're a level or two above what I have owned, but share the same ethos of light, nimble and not overpowered. Usable power is something not everyone understands, cars don't have to be 400bhp+ to have fun!

Anyway, I absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too. Health to enjoy and hope this one suits you a lot better👍🏻

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
That is absolutely epic in so many ways. I've only ever driven an S2 but I loved it. Hectic getting in, but once you're in its a brilliant place to be. This thing is stunning, love the interior too.

My favourite cars I've owned have been go-kart type cars, Swift Sports & MX5 and I absolutely loved them. The most fun I've ever had. These are the king of gokarts. Albeit they're a level or two above what I have owned, but share the same ethos of light, nimble and not overpowered. Usable power is something not everyone understands, cars don't have to be 400bhp+ to have fun!

Anyway, I absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too. Health to enjoy and hope this one suits you a lot better👍🏻

Thanks! You’re right about it being hard to get and out of, especially with the roof on. It was easier to get in the Morgan and it had no doors! Once you’re in, it feels like a race car.
I’m really loving it!

pablo

RMS Moderator
As incredible as the Morgan is this is surely an unreal toy. Lovely choice. Surprising practical when it wants to be too.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Chris,

stunning - a car that I wouldn't mind trying one day!!

Health to drive bud!!

No doubt see you flying round Bangor at some point.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Got my reg on the car. I wasn’t a fan of the big plastic surround so I drilled out its brackets and just stuck a 3/4 plate onto the brackets themselves.
IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1524.jpeg

Currently staying a couple nights in Malahide and I obviously had move the car so it’s parked outside the hotel room’s window.

IMG_1535.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You can get plate holders from Elise Parts, basically a couple of brackets that bolt under the nose and then sticky pads to hold the plate on.

But that looks great.

Last edited: