Lowerin a 205 Torsion Bar

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rallyfiesta

Peugeot 205 1989

Does any one know how to lower the torsion bar cause i want it down 35-40mm, any one done it before and can advise me, or is there any one in the Ards area who would do it?

Cormac

RMS Regular
Id advice staying well clear, done my 306 and it was a bollox, Im sure the torsion bar on a 1989 205 would be well rusted :-(

Cormac

Cormac

RMS Regular
Ive found that on older car its easyer to remove the complete axle than lying underneath the car trying to batter the rear arms!!

Another trick is plenty of WD40

Cormac

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
C-S_Cormac said:
Id advice staying well clear, done my 306 and it was a bollox, Im sure the torsion bar on a 1989 205 would be well rusted :-(

Cormac

thought jonny did a good job on it!? i'd stay well clear of adjusting a 205.

rallyfiesta

OP
rallyfiesta
thought about that already, that why i didnt actually want to do it!!

any idea how to get up rated springs for the front that are standard length then? I know i could go for a coil over setup at the front, but cant really afford the expense

Reason i ask is im goin to be doin some road rallyin in it soon and need better, (less roll'y) handeling.

Cormac

RMS Regular
sideways365 said:
thought jonny did a good job on it!? .

It needed inner and outer barings about a week after, was handyer taking axle out, few slaps on the ground pulled it apart!

Cormac

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.