lowering

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
yea u could lower in on 40 mil springs tho if i where u id save for a spax spring and shock kit

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
it wont do any damage to the car if i lower it 40 mil for i hear all these thing's bout ppl's gear box's and drive shafts goin. could get shocks at a later date too.

errigle

RMS Regular
Gmax do 30mm springs etc for petrol version, and 25mm for diesels
Apex do 40mm for petrol or diesel, 35mm for the 4motion, and they also do 50mm for petrol (not for diesel but they would fit and probably lower it about 55-60mm i.e. not recommended)

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
im lowering it at the most 40mm for i'm drivin on b class roads mostly so cant have her too low, ill jus get springs for the standard skocks are pretty gd, and any other bora that has been lowered have jus used springs too.

errigle

RMS Regular
pablo said:
always found eibach to make great springs.

Indeed, i'd stick them in the bora, brilliant springs and brilliant ride handling/quality

But they only do 30mm (Pro-Kit) all round or 45-50mm at the front and 3035mm at the rear (Sportline kit)

Jason

RMS Regular
pablo said:
MK3 Lad said:
it'll be bouncy as hell like any other car lowered on standard shocks... ur choice

cant say Ive had that problem on either car Ive lowered on eibachs.
jus springs? all depends on how old the cars shocks are... i hate cars without uprated shocks... deffo with corsa's and lesser cars maybe different on a bmw with stiff shocks anyways

errigle

RMS Regular
errigle said:
pablo said:

Indeed, i'd stick them in the bora, brilliant springs and brilliant ride handling/quality

But they only do 30mm (Pro-Kit) all round or 45-50mm at the front and 3035mm at the rear (Sportline kit)

Eibach keep the Ride ahndling and quality as factory standard but lower the car, remember eibach is all TUV-approved which means its top notch gear :laughing:

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
thanks mate, ill try out these 40 mm springs that im gettin cheap from this shop thats closing down and if they are no gd ill sell them on ebay and get eibach one's. the shock on her are 4 yea old

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
errigle said:
pablo said:

:eek: :p

pablo

RMS Moderator
errigle said:
errigle said:
pablo said:

Eibach keep the Ride ahndling and quality as factory standard but lower the car, remember eibach is all TUV-approved which means its top notch gear :laughing:

agreed mate - not cheap but worth it imo.

and yes jas - std shocks on the bm and the fiat with eibachs :grinning:

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
so pablo the car would be ok by lowering it with gd springs and it wont wreak it?

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
as long as the springs are quality, then you should be ok.. shocks will always be better, but no worries about that now. plenty are running around on just springs.

don't overlook H&R stuff... they're fairly awesome, and might have the drops you're after?

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
i have apex springs on the way, well i think there apex for these springs are goin to lower it 40 mm and so far apex are the only ones that lower the bora this much. and i think that apex are quality springs.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i have 35mm apex shocks in my megane and i have to say i am pretty impressed with them as they are low enough for the B roads during the week + usually C roads that i use at the weekends ! however i have 4 KYB double gas sport shocks which are a great job and not overly dear.

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
OP
Bora_Benz
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
do u mean 35 mm apex springs or shocks?
plus are the springs on standard shocks? or are u puttin those new shocks on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.