LPG'd X5 3.0i Sport**Gone!**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yes it's an auto, and yes the gearbox is going to break at some point, but I don't care. The money I got this for ill be happy enough to fork out £1400 for a reconditioned box anyways.

Another eBay purchase, but this ones for keeps. Well until next year at least. Her 1 series is rubbish for when she does site visits on top of hills, and she's forever having to get a lift with her work mate in his Discovery, so I said I'd get her something a bit more capable.

Always liked the look of X5, and might not be the best off road but I love it! It's a 2002 3.0i Sport, with LPG conversion which is brilliant. Done over 300 miles in it this weeked and the gas has lasted for about 250 of them. Will be driving it every day to work so will know how economical it is soon enough.

Few wee things need done to it, but I bought it knowing this. Couple of parking sensors to replace, a suspension level sensor and the usual pixels missing in the dash displays. Does anyone repair these over here does anyone know?

Plans are tidy it up, set of 20 or 22" wheels, smoked/red back lights and maybe some angel eyes for the front if I can find a set that don't look cheap and tacky. Plus it needs a good service and going over as I don't think it pulls like it should higher up the revs.

b64cd4822d47469571daf41bec7e2612.jpg

8bdbb312053df3ae020e02b88286fa76.jpg

ca3e131c364b2b760e8fe6e63721a8f1.jpg

9e8ae8f139dc69703eae12a82d4cbb72.jpg

97dbde45d466469c9c54ab4501222cb8.jpg

13e329491a8e94185c36ecd906a62f31.jpg

0181059d502d30fe61e0206b0a147fd9.jpg

2b27638d3fd7d1b078d922f596b30b0e.jpg

517b7cd772b73bb3979446bbbdaf1baa.jpg

d34446b93f7b1325a1d089e5c99e7849.jpg

inkey

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST3
Nice car sure the misses wont struggle with hills anymore lol

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Definitely mate, totally sold on off roaders now. Wouldn't mind giving proper off roading a go in a proper jeep that would manage. Saying that, we had a blast flying round the forest park looking for wee tracks and trails to drive round lol

And yep, hopefully manages to get further up the hills than the 1 series can manage, at least it won't bottom out!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's fantastic mate!! How on earth do you find all these?! I assume this was mainland?

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Awesome man. Exactly what I want, an LPG'd X5 3.0!

How many usable litres are you getting to the LPG tank and how many miles you travelling until empty?

A set of facelift 20's will look great on this

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
That's fantastic mate!! How on earth do you find all these?! I assume this was mainland?

Nope, was in Holywood of all places. He had it on eBay with a buy it now or best offer and after speaking to him I made him a very cheeky offer expecting him to meet me half way. He came back with a counter offer only a couple of hundred more than I offered him so bit his arm off lol.

Awesome man. Exactly what I want, an LPG'd X5 3.0!

How many usable litres are you getting to the LPG tank and how many miles you travelling until empty?

A set of facelift 20's will look great on this

Facelift 20s are one of the wheels she likes actually, and there are a few other contenders an all. Won't be buying brand new, so whichever comes up for sale at a good price first are getting bought!
As for the LPG, not too sure yet. I stuck £55 worth in before going to Enniskillen on Friday which was just under 70 litres I think. Was going to fill the tank, but I wasn't sure if LPG automatically cuts off when full, then I had visions of overfilling the tank and it exploding etc, so stopped short lol. Turns out it does stop itself!
Anyways, I've done 250 miles on that fill of gas now and it's just down to the last 10 or so litres so needs filled again, so ill do that on the way to work later and report back when I've used it all.
Really satisfying getting all the way to Enniskillen and back and the half tank of petrol I had when we left is still pretty much all there :laughing:

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
It's actually Topaz Blue, but does look very similar. It definitely needs a good clean and a visit to the dents away man though!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
There's a wee gas station out the tempo road from ennui skilled although its a gd few miles outta the town and don't think he opens on a sun...

Also one off the m1 at dungannon there's a wee restaurant and hotel at it but can't mind the junction?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Let us know £/miles - very interested to hear how the LPG works out in the 3.0 over time.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
There's a wee gas station out the tempo road from ennui skilled although its a gd few miles outta the town and don't think he opens on a sun...

Also one off the m1 at dungannon there's a wee restaurant and hotel at it but can't mind the junction?

The one at the restaurant there was the one I filled up at. We were only there for the weekend though, back in Dromore again now so where's the nearest place for me to fill up at m00k ? There's one outside my work in Fortwilliam I was going to use tonight, but interested to hear if there's any in Lisburn area worth using?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Belize rd in Lisburn or lake view stores past loughbrickland believe somewhere in dollingstown n heard rumours of one in banbridge but never found where :-(

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There's one at the BP at the end of the M1 Gav next time you're heading down that way.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Belize rd in Lisburn or lake view stores past loughbrickland believe somewhere in dollingstown n heard rumours of one in banbridge but never found where :-(

Spot on mate, cheers for that. Do none of the yards that sell gas do it? Wasn't sure if the fitting for cars is the same as for the big tanks etc?

There's one at the BP at the end of the M1 Gav next time you're heading down that way.

Yeah that's the one we used mate. Had actually run out of gas and had been using petrol for 5 miles or so! Was watching the fuel gauge like a hawk and even broke out in a sweat at the thought of using proper fuel!

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Belsize Rd is a good one. One of the quicker pumps!

Ill be I retested how you get on. I'd love one if these or a RangeRover next.

3.0 is a great engine too. I got 157 miles to £20 of gas a few weeks back!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Not that I know of locally altho that in out tempo rd enniskillen is a gas yard there was one out by kesh too but was 10-15p dearer a litre

If u do find somewhere local and handy for te gas lemme know

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.