Luton Airport MultiStory Fire

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
To be fair, taking a video of a Range Rover on fire with an overlay of a location graphic on it as fact without any source other than someone uploaded it to a social media site is just as bad as the automatic assumption it was an EV that started the fire.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
According to BBC, "a lot of electric cars were involved"...

Headline: 'A lot of electric vehicles were involved'
Main story: "electric vehicles potentially involved".

1697022450776.png

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
My FIL worked for NIFRS. They wreck or break almost every piece of equipment you give them he said and they're very good at turning buildings into car parks 😂

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I was driving home from work there up towards Nutts Corner and a low loader was on the other side coming towards me.

On the back of it was a Range Rover that had also burned itself to a crisp. I could only tell it was a RR because the only thing distinguishable was the wheels!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Land Rover must have got a crowd of sparks in from Citroen & Renault then so? 😝

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I was driving home from work there up towards Nutts Corner and a low loader was on the other side coming towards me.

On the back of it was a Range Rover that had also burned itself to a crisp. I could only tell it was a RR because the only thing distinguishable was the wheels!

Seen it being put onto the lorry at the house it seemed.

Ps always said RR and LR are a ***** brand. Might use this to tell Donnelly’s I was right all those years ago.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seen it being put onto the lorry at the house it seemed.

Ps always said RR and LR are a ***** brand. Might use this to tell Donnelly’s I was right all those years ago.

A very long time ago we used to do a fair bit of off-roading and a day when every single landrover that was out with us broke down in some way wasn’t unusual or particularly uncommon.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
It goes to show how bad of a rep evs have going up in flames. The media are all stressing a diesel started it. Excuse the pun… but take the heat of the evs. Who gives a sh1te the fire started in a vehicle makes no odds what the power source is

davyk31

RMS Regular
Reading elsewhere it was a 23 plate Discovery Sport.

Think the speculation on it being caused by an EV started nearly even before the fire started.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I heard it on BBC it was a diesel engined vehicle.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Wait a dew weeka
Reading elsewhere it was a 23 plate Discovery Sport.

Think the speculation on it being caused by an EV started nearly even before the fire started.
Seen a cctv video from car park and it was D Sport with fire on near side front.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Someone i was talking to today said they ordered a sport and was supposed to be exactly the same as the one that went up. He said it was a hybrid. Suppose that satisfied both sides of argument 🤣

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
As if they weren’t already uninsurable enough.

So it was a battery pack then?