Machine polishing Belfast area

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

A-ron

RMS Regular
Any recommendations for machine polishing in Belfast or the surrounding area?

Unfortunately, my budget currently doesn't stretch to the £300+ ceramic coatings, etc. but would like the removal of swirls and a bit more life/depth to the paint.

Thanks in advance.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Also what’s the rule after painting to polish etc. I’m getting my bumper sprayed in a few weeks but the swirls on the car are doing my nut in.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Also what’s the rule after painting to polish etc. I’m getting my bumper sprayed in a few weeks but the swirls on the car are doing my nut in.
Polish is OK, it's wax/coating you need to be careful off. But the bodyshop will polish the bumper after paint themselves.
I'd wait till the paint has cured a couple of weeks then get the whole car done, means you can wax/coat straight after polish to keep it good.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

Polishing is fine, as are most sealants and coatings. It’s just waxes you want to avoid for 6 weeks or so.

Coatings are gas permeable though so no issue

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Speak to your painter regarding what way to clean it.as it’s him that’s standing over it

I know when I had work done by the most recommended painter on Rms, he said I can do absolutely anything to it once it’s baked it’s baked.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Boydie you ever used titanic detailing?
Drive past it into work and always curious?.

See they do tinting etc as well

No never used them but just know they are handy to East Belfast. They contract the tinting in as I asked them about doing tints for some cars for me but logistics never worked out

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
MS Detailing - www.msdetailing.org - Ballynahinch

I just started into all this 2 months back after being an OCD cleaning guy at my cars and particularly my second car for ever, my main work slowing down and the fact I have a massive she's to work in. I have to say I don't mind doing it so it's a win on that front.

Most people don't know what they want, they don't know, they want 'a good clean' or 'whatever you think' are quotes I hear all the time. I charge per hour so when I hear that I try and assess how much they want to spend and how fussy they are.

Paint correction can take alot of time, as long as a piece of string really. Most car owners barely notice but it's great when they're blown away by the change.

I've a grey Range Rover in the shed right now to be finished in the morning, it could do with paint correction but I doubt the owner will appreciate it. I'm intending doing the black plastics and then machine polish it, the grey doesn't show swirls too badly, nothing like black! I've a theory that if the paint is improved significantly then it's good enough as it takes alot more time to get it perfect and it's not worth the expense to the customer or the expense to the paint depth.

A black Range Rover I did a few weeks back before and after................

DSC_1135.JPG
DSC_1147~2.JPG
DSC_1148~2.JPG
DSC_1160.JPG

Last edited:

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
MS Detailing - www.msdetailing.org - Ballynahinch

I just started into all this 2 months back after being an OCD cleaning guy at my cars and particularly my second car for ever, my main work slowing down and the fact I have a massive she's to work in. I have to say I don't mind doing it so it's a win on that front.

Most people don't know what they want, they don't know, they want 'a good clean' or 'whatever you think' are quotes I hear all the time. I charge per hour so when I hear that I try and assess how much they want to spend and how fussy they are.

Paint correction can take alot of time, as long as a piece of string really. Most car owners barely notice but it's great when they're blown away by the change.

I've a grey Range Rover in the shed right now to be finished in the morning, it could do with paint correction but I doubt the owner will appreciate it. I'm intending doing the black plastics and then machine polish it, the grey doesn't show swirls too badly, nothing like black! I've a theory that if the paint is improved significantly then it's good enough as it takes alot more time to get it perfect and it's not worth the expense to the customer or the expense to the paint depth.

A black Range Rover I did a few weeks back before and after................

View attachment 358903View attachment 358904View attachment 358905View attachment 358906

Gave you a follow there on Facebook 👍

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Gave you a follow there on Facebook 👍
Thanks, it's about getting know for the work so that's great.

As I said though most people don't appreciate a clean car, my dad for example is the worst for this. He used to use a yard brush for cleaning his car and he gets a new one every year...........now he uses the euro wash as he's too old now and he thinks £8 is a bargain.

I can do a far better job plus check tyre pressures, dress tyres and vacuum it for about £35 and he thinks it then looks like new.............. he just doesn't see the difference in a £200 job for what I then think is a clean car.

All relative..................

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Another Range Rover finished..........at least it was grey. I just did paint correction on the bad areas as I'm never sure just how particular an owner is versus how much they want to spend. Hard to judge when the owner says 'dunno, just clean it up 🙄

DSC_1237.JPG
DSC_1238.JPG
DSC_1240.JPG
DSC_1243.JPG
DSC_1244.JPG
DSC_1249.JPG
DSC_1251.JPG
DSC_1252.JPG

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Another Range Rover finished..........at least it was grey. I just did paint correction on the bad areas as I'm never sure just how particular an owner is versus how much they want to spend. Hard to judge when the owner says 'dunno, just clean it up 🙄

View attachment 359043View attachment 359044View attachment 359045View attachment 359046View attachment 359047View attachment 359048View attachment 359042View attachment 359041
Finishing the towbar makes such a difference!

Big car to work on to!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Finishing the towbar makes such a difference!

Big car to work on to!
I get the cars to a standard that I'd be happy with myself though I think most of the time that's way beyond what the owners expect. Things like replacement grommets, painting rusty bolts and screws, changing broken number plate fasteners, setting tyre pressures etc. etc.

I've another 2 Range Rovers to do soon albeit Sports so thankfully a little smaller.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You seem to be doing well at it already. What paint did you use for the towbar? I could do with freshening up the one on the Volvo. Did you start an Instagram account?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
You seem to be doing well at it already. What paint did you use for the towbar? I could do with freshening up the one on the Volvo. Did you start an Instagram account?
ZG90 zinc galvanising spray. If you tow a caravan with an Alko brake system clean the tow ball back to bare metal afterwards or the stabilization won't work.

I have the website, a Facebook account and Instagram.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I've always used Satin Black in a rattle can for tow bars as well as black cloth mats that are past their best. On rougher cheap stuff, it's also amazing on black floor carpet lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.