Major Site Upgrades

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
As the much uppercased title says, the whole www.reallymeansounds.com site will be taken down at some point in the next few days for substantial modifications.

This will involve:
  • Entirely new SQL back end
    New Forum Software and features
    New Report Layout and Features
    New Site Front page
The site will be down for a considerable length of time probably throughout tomorrow and if not on Thursday. Don't worry, none of your posts, threads, PMs or user account details will be lost in the move.

Any questions/help drop me an email to andy@reallymeansounds.com

Andy

Porter

RMS Regular
fook sake , that leaves me with 2 options

1: actually do some work in work,

or 2: go back to another place.....*shudders at the thought*... dont make me do it!!!

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo im gonna have to start doing some work :worried: bugger

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Bring it on Andy, I look forward to the new look!

All the best with it :grinning:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Im one of those people who doesnt like change. Im still living in the past. What sort of differences will we see?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Hopefully see the phrase under my username change as previously discussed.....remember Cooper???!!?? :p

casper-ac

RMS Regular
Porter said:
fook sake , that leaves me with 2 options

1: actually do some work in work,

or 2: go back to another place.....*shudders at the thought*... dont make me do it!!!

think il do option 1

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
andy_gdon said:
Hopefully see the phrase under my username change as previously discussed.....remember Cooper???!!?? :p

to what...

RMS_Wannabe :lol: :lol: :p

@CLK: you'll like it, everything will work as before with a few added features but you'll get used to it in no time.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
RMS_CLK said:
Im one of those people who doesnt like change. Im still living in the past. What sort of differences will we see?

Pretty radical changes. Nothing fundamentally different to what there is at the moment, just much better!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
VEN©M said:
andy_gdon said:

to what...

RMS_Wannabe :lol: :lol: :p

@CLK: you'll like it, everything will work as before with a few added features but you'll get used to it in no time.
Look...new boy....my "title" has been discussed with the main man!! And im sure he has it fully under control!!

SayWhat

RMS Regular
Well good luck with the transfer, implementing new site structure is always fun :grinning:

Hope it all goes to plan, and bring on the new features!!

merlin

RMS Regular
Porter said:

If RMS goes down we'll set up a temporary home on the other site, the topic will be: RMS is down so we're here until its up :p

SayWhat

RMS Regular
Youll be limited on your choice of sites, one of the others seems to be having problems today too, either no more bandwidth, badly configured account or someone forgot to pay the bill!!!!

Account suspended pages are horrible things :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.