Manta 400 replica

Cess

RMS Staff
Lovely. Whole package is superb. I'd be delighted with it, sitting like that! :grinning: White is beautiful, but did silver ever cross your mind?

Reactions: AMG

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Lovely. Whole package is superb. I'd be delighted with it, sitting like that! :grinning: White is beautiful, but did silver ever cross your mind?

Would have liked a silver one, but went for white to match the Ascona, thought one of each done the same way would be nice to have!

Cess

RMS Staff
Replica @Woodcutter

I think all the original 400s were made in the early 80s as a homologation special for rallying. They had a 2.4 16 valve engine and I am near sure were silver.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Replica @Woodcutter

I think all the original 400s were made in the early 80s as a homologation special for rallying. They had a 2.4 16 valve engine and I am near sure were silver.

@Cess
I know someone who imported a genuine Manta 400 from Germany and used it as a normal road car in the early 80`s.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
@Cess
I know someone who imported a genuine Manta 400 from Germany and used it as a normal road car in the early 80`s.

And its still alive and well today!

Martin-Manta400-251.jpg

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Got seats back at last, very pleased with how they have turned out, could almost pass as the real McCoy!

411753749.jpg

Pictures keep rotating sideways on phone so will get better ones when I get back to a computer.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
You not just shave the caliper a bit?

I could, but I wanted to upgrade the brakes down the line so will have to be careful what route I go down!
I think the later sliding calipers will fit on, but they aren't a great caliper!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I just love this car so much.The Ancona is fantastic also.really don't know which one I would rather have.Think the manta just scrapes it .out of interest ,what would the silver 400 be worth today.??

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
I just love this car so much.The Ancona is fantastic also.really don't know which one I would rather have.Think the manta just scrapes it .out of interest ,what would the silver 400 be worth today.??

For me the Ascona is still miles better looking than the Manta!

As for the genuine 400, its hard to put a value on it, a lhd one sold on ebay recently for £55k, but believe it or not, rhd and silver would hurt the value of the other car a little, not that I would be complaint if I was sitting in my shed!!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Wow that's a lot of money ,sure a 205 sold the other day for £24k so it's just how the market is.I was talking to a man the other day who knew you,said he had bought a nova from you a while back .hope it was you anyhow lol.your cars are fantastic and I love seeing your updates .keep up the good work.

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Wow that's a lot of money ,sure a 205 sold the other day for £24k so it's just how the market is.I was talking to a man the other day who knew you,said he had bought a nova from you a while back .hope it was you anyhow lol.your cars are fantastic and I love seeing your updates .keep up the good work.
Trevor Peoples by any chance?!!
Prices of all older cars have gone crazy lately, was saying to someone last weekend that I would buy a Nova now because they are too dear, but that's the way the market goes I suppose.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
i hate and love clicking on this thread in equal measures.....

i love this car..... just fantastic!