'marked' cars.....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Was the attack on the bridge before this one not using a hire car too?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Was the attack on the bridge before this one not using a hire car too?

Yes. It was hired from a local Enterprise rental place.

It's probably down to lack of resources and funding as to why they don't monitor it but it is possible. If they use a fake driving license or they're not on the database it may not flag anything but it would still be a good idea to have such a system in place.

wes

RMS Regular
Yes thomas, when i first got it (wein of years ago) think i bought it on christmas eve 01/02 lol got followed stopped and searched, deatils checked a several times between jan and feb

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Erm... I think I know the previous owner of that and why you may have been stopped so many times... @Con :joy:

Reactions: Con

zafturbo

RMS Regular
No point going to the ombudsman as there as corrupt as the people your going to complain about .my personal opinion obviously .:mad:

wes

RMS Regular
ha ha ha Simon mine was White with a black flag long gone to scrap heap in sky
Mine was navy and silve flag, kitted and cream/ blue leather front seats, 17" dare v2 alloys and a twin exit exhaust cant remember reg.

Reactions: Con

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
ha ha ha Simon mine was White with a black flag long gone to scrap heap in sky

My memory is far too hazey to remember the finer details like colour :p I remember wes's flying about around the same time too.

Reactions: wes

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Mate had his car nicked and used in an armed robbery and was recovered undamaged. Cops told him in no uncertain terms that once its marked, it never really gets reversed. Best course of action was to scrap it.

RevT

RMS Regular
Mate had his car nicked and used in an armed robbery and was recovered undamaged. Cops told him in no uncertain terms that once its marked, it never really gets reversed. Best course of action was to scrap it.

It sounds like he was taking the piss out of your mate. Anything that's 'marked' will surely be reversible at the click of a switch in this day and age.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It sounds like he was taking the piss out of your mate. Anything that's 'marked' will surely be reversible at the click of a switch in this day and age.

That would require common sense....severely lacking in this day and age.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Well it was 5 or 6 years ago but his first though was to just re-register it but they blocked that request also. Nobody was taking the piss, they just refused to remove the marker on it eeven though it had been stolen from his mums driveway and the crime was nothing to do with him. It had been sorn at the time and not insured so he lost the complete value even though it wasnt that much. Common sense didnt seem to enter into any of it.

Reactions: wes
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.