Massssiivvvveee Help!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

iain

OP
iain
Another thing, once i get my gearbox in, will i need a new clutch??/
how much is one of them fitted?? is it necessary??

Bryan

RMS Regular
Definately put a new clutch in it at the same time... when I put a new engine in my 306 I didn't put a new clutch in at the time (mainly because the cost of the engine/radiator/other bits and pieces) had spirelled out of control. I wish I had borrowed the money to get a clutch at the time though, cos now it needs one. And that was only a few months ago.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Are you doing the work yourself? If not, the garage fitting the gearbox will be able to tell if it's a good clutch or not.

Porter

RMS Regular
heres a whole clutch kit

clutch-k.jpg

on the left pic, the wee circles, you will see them all worm down and will prob see a few score lines in the sectors ( but not big scores though)

Dermot

iain, If your A4 had the same Box as most VW's the sycro's are the same as in the Vauxhall gearboxes ... Like to get cog's for a Vauxhall 6 speed gearbox you buy them off Vw ... And there not usually that dear..

Dermot

Yeah probley... Also if your Gearbox is as soft as they seem I wouldnt be getting an Uprated Clutch ... When you go to put power down and it doesnt like it, Something gives ... I'd rather it was the Clutch than the Gearbox ..

Also if this is Gearbox number 3, I would be looking at an Uprated gearbox maybe ? I dunno what your Audi is or what gearbox it uses, but other Models may have different gearboxes that fit and are a bit more reliable..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.