Mid Bass

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Wot else do these types of speakers give to your sound system?

hearing of boys having components up front,mid bass speakers and the n subs

so wots the craic?

Jay7

RMS Regular
yea wouldnt mind knowin this either....was considering buying the mid bass kit for the type x comps

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
id want the blue cone ones if they ever made them im not sure for that series

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
to my understanding, its basically a dedicated speaker for the mid bass frequency ranges 80Hz-200Hz i think (probably wrong lol)

they help by removing the need for the mid-range speaker to produce mid-bass which can alter the sound of the mid-range being produced, due to the speaker trying to replicate different frequencies at the same time. the result is the mids sound better because they are not having to produce mid-bass at the same time, and you can now independantly alter the amount of midbass you need (assuming you run them from a second amp).

im sure MD or pablo would have a better answer

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
hard to know really without trying it.

do you think you need more mid-bass? get it on an RTA and see if its lacking in any areas and what you could do to impove it

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Midbass is the important part of the audible frequency range that fits in between bass (rumbly stuff) and midrange (saxophones, pianos and vocal).
The reason people focus on midbass, is because it tends to make music feel more 'real' - listen to a snare drum on your car stereo and then listen to it in real life.
A system lacking midbass will sound disjointed, the bass will be thumping and the midrange will be playing, but they will seem like two different entities coming from two different places - midbass helps to merge the two together - with good midbass upfront, it should sound as if your subwoofer is in your dashboard.
It's not as simple as just buying a set of speakers classed as midbass, in order for them to work right they must be installed well - fixed solid and with lots of sound deadening.
Bass gives presence
Midbass gives a sound sytem kick
Midrange gives it richness
Highs give detail

Before running out and buying some midbass speakers, make sure you have already made the most of your existing components by installing them in a well sealed and deadened door -done properly a set of 6.5" components can supply sufficient midbass for a competition winning system.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
rite well im sounddeadening the doors this week and ill ask AA wot they think]

thanks

JohnD

RMS Regular
Also a three way system is much harder to set up just right.

Just stick to a top off the range component set.

I'd like a sent of the new JL Audio ZR's when the come out in April. But they are going to be around £799

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Polk Momos offer some of the best midbass available from a 6.5" driver.

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Boydie said:
would i benefit from it?
dependent on style of music you listen to most? i'm no ice expert but, don't you setup your system, in such a way that bass, treble etc. is delivered wherever you want it? Similar to playing with power in the rev range?
you disappoint me boydie, i thought you knew of such matters.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
disapoint lol just dont know much about midbass speakers thats all

im happy with my system and delivers rightly just seeing if i cold get more lol :p

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
Sir Sax said:
Boydie said:
would i benefit from it?
dependent on style of music you listen to most? i'm no ice expert but, don't you setup your system, in such a way that bass, treble etc. is delivered wherever you want it? Similar to playing with power in the rev range?
you disappoint me boydie, i thought you knew of such matters.

I'd disagree there, it doesn't matter what type of music you listen to, the person who recorded it wants you to hear it the way they do...live - if your system lacks in an important area, like midbass, then it won't do their music justice. It's somthing you can't appreciate until you've been in a car that has been properly prepared and built for high end audio.

And it's not possible to set a sytem up to sound right if it doesn't have all the right bits - in tha same way "you can't polish a turd"

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
ok again - a mate is gettin mid bass alpine speakers put into his car soon so ill have a listen and see if i should get it or not

thanks all :laughing:

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Mark_D said:
I'd disagree there, it doesn't matter what type of music you listen to, the person who recorded it wants you to hear it the way they do...live - if your system lacks in an important area, like midbass, then it won't do their music justice. It's somthing you can't appreciate until you've been in a car that has been properly prepared and built for high end audio.
well, like i said, ice isn't my strong point. i'm coming from a budget perspective, where you would aim quality at a certain area ie bass (for listening to mostly 'drum n bass'), rather than spending more for an 'overall' good quality setup.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.