Mig welder

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Hi,
are there any deals on the mightymig 170 or the supermig 150 at the minute? Im just running off a standard 13amp supply.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi,
are there any deals on the mightymig 170 or the supermig 150 at the minute? Im just running off a standard 13amp supply.

Edit the last supermig150 just sold, problem is at the minute our suppliers are all closed so we can't replenish till next week. still 3x 170's and 2x mightymig150's.

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
@lightning

What would you recommend for a beginner welder looking to learn and build up to using for light bodywork / car repairs?

What do you have in stock at the minute? Any good deals?

Budget is up to £300

Thanks

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@lightning

What would you recommend for a beginner welder looking to learn and build up to using for light bodywork / car repairs?

Budget is up to £300

Thanks

Either of the options mentioned above would be dead on for a beginner. If you are starting out, give yourself the best chance and be sure to use good gas; argonshield light would be ideal for welding mild steel on cars. I'd say to stay away from CO2 as it doesn't allow a nice weld, though it's a bit cheaper and easier to obtain.

To put it into perspective, I rented a bottle from BOC (3ft stumpy bottle that sits on the back of the welder) about 9 months ago and it's still have full after an awful lot of welding. I thought I'd be through it by now as a mate does about as much or slightly less with his welding on CO2 and he's been through a couple of bottles this year.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning

Budget is up to £300

Thanks

Hi there yes any of the wee sealey ones are decent welders with good warranty and parts back up. Have a look at the welder thread prices still current and everything in stock.

Welder new year sale!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.