Mike Brewer Motors

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I see that hes recently just opened a used car dealership, i cant see him doing this full time though. i'd say hes just put his name to the dealership. Being a former car dealer, turned TV presenter, i dont think he will go back to his roots full time. Hes a TV presenter now and it would be seen as a 'backwards step' in his career to be working full time in a car dealership, even if he does own it. I dont believe he will be at the dealership much.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
304801_458274270904481_1982251897_n.jpg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
not quite sure if his tv show would do his used car sales much good. 'hey ed, lets buy the ****test example of a particular car for the least amount of money, do some really cheap fixes to make it pass for a more expensive one, and sell it at the top of the market'

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
not quite sure if his tv show would do his used car sales much good. 'hey ed, lets buy the ****test example of a particular car for the least amount of money, do some really cheap fixes to make it pass for a more expensive one, and sell it at the top of the market'

yup, however, people who realise that are very very few and far between in the grand scheme of things

The majority of the population will consider him to be better, because he had a tv show, therefore he knows more

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
If he has good mechanics & it's anything like wheeler dealers, then the cars will always leave in good nick. With little to no faults. However I can't see him being reasonably priced but I believe you will get a good car for your money.

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
I wonder how many time's he's heard "C'mon lets 'ave a deal!" since he opened the place......

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yea definately would. Based on Wheelers Dealers who wouldnt, buys cheap and in need of repair and Ed knows his stuff. Cars are usually really well sorted afterwards, and after buying off him from a show like that or his dealership you would have alot more than a leg to stand on if it went t*ts up.

Based on the cossie, Jag, 6 series etc etc id have no bother buying from him. End of the day many have and have yet to hear a bad story in the papers.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
I'd say the media will lying in wait for a horror story to fill the headlines with, so fair play putting his name on it, I'd say there shouldn't be any reason to avoid

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Even Ed China has his own business. http://www.cummfybanana.com/

He was the one that made the double decker cars for that Topgear UK vs Oz episode.

Id say the two of them have too much riding outside of wheeler dealers to be dodgey.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yea definately would. Based on Wheelers Dealers who wouldnt, buys cheap and in need of repair and Ed knows his stuff. Cars are usually really well sorted afterwards, and after buying off him from a show like that or his dealership you would have alot more than a leg to stand on if it went t*ts up.

Based on the cossie, Jag, 6 series etc etc id have no bother buying from him. End of the day many have and have yet to hear a bad story in the papers.

Ever see the MR2 or the Capri? lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ever see the MR2 or the Capri? lol

Yes, but lets not forget that was 2003/2004. Very early days had low low budgets with the cars already in a sorry state.

Check out the current episodes: Jaguar MK2, BMW Isetta, TVR S2, Ferrari Dino, Fiat 500, BMW 840Ci and Corvette just to name a few. In my opinion since the show took off and the budget was increased, the extent and quality of their work has really came to light. No expense spared really. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car from them.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Be some difference in the budget for a TV show and one for a showroom though. Sure ed spends ages fixing the cars up and then mike sells them at no profit lol. Doubt it'd be the same at the showroom.

I'm sure they're no worse or better than any other place tbh.

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
He's a clown that man, no respect for a classic car. Sits on bonnets, slams bonnets, throws the hood back in sports cars and sets things on top of them

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Check out the current episodes: BMW 840Ci .

Very iffy that one with regards to the aircon, a notorious weak spot on E31's, its never "just a condensor & a regas"

Same with the electric roofs (dont think that car had one)

And sure the E39 M5 they did, when they refurbed the wheels they put on 4 new tyres aswell, but never mentioned that....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.