Mini Speedo help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

carmadchris

RMS Regular
I have a slight problem with a mini! There is no speedo drive in the gearbox so i can therefore not run an ordinary speedo i was wondering if there is a different type of speedo that dosent have to run from the gearbox???

Any help???

S_Gault

RMS Regular
I have a box of different drives, they are easy fitted in situ

id be surprised why there isnt one fitted, coz you get an oil leak without.. especially on right handers

Steven

S_Gault

RMS Regular
it may not come with one but you do need to fit one.

I build stacks of JKD boxes every year. from s/c to full blown dog with lsd

What crown wheel and pinion have you fitted?

Steven

carmadchris

RMS Regular
OP
C
Damn it i dont want to have to take the box out is there no other way of gettin a speedo hooked up and not running it through the box? Like something electronic!

Ummm dont quite know i know its a Jack Knight straight cut box with a JK LSD and a really low final drive.

I want to bring it up to you sometime in the near futre to get the caster and camber set up!

S_Gault

RMS Regular
Never been a fan of the jk LSD, break pretty regularly and are snatchy as hell.

I use Tran-x in all my racers gearboxes and customers. Plates last longer too.

You dont have to take it out to fit the speedo drive, it can be done in situ.. just!

Gimme a ring- my number is 028 703 51654 and i'll help you out .

Steven

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.