MK2 Golf GTi 16v

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Here she is... with a little help from Twain we got her polished up last night (then it pissed down and made the ould back to black run) :mad:

Completley standard apart from the headunit (which I'm looking to swap - see sales section) and the horrendous gear gaiter which is going soon...

No planned mods, maybe wheel refurb or different wheels depending on price of refurb but thats not for a while yet.

1990 1.8 16v Golf GTi, Tornado Red.
s3700086kq5.jpg

s3700085cp7.jpg

s3700092ga8.jpg

s3700097rr2.jpg

s3700102pv6.jpg

s3700105mv0.jpg

s3700100ru2.jpg

Comments welcome :laughing:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Looks to be a very clean example you got yourself there. I take it its just over from the mainland?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Cheers... I got it off a guy in Belfast, he brought her in from England about a year ago or so

eamon343

RMS Regular
Looks really well, some shine off it. Not sure about the rear badge though, would prefer all black myself, love the tail pipes though.

Oh and i think it needs new wheels asap, ill take the old ones for you if you want??

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Makes me well up inside when I see a really clean mk2. Love them.

(You should have bought a Corrado though!)

Twain

RMS Regular
Shes a very nice wee motor...interior is amazingly wear free. Dont think he has plans for it, although i do tempt him with links to nice wheels such as Ronal Turbos, Schmidts etc etc :grinning:

Took us a brave wee while getting her that shiny, 3 step meguiars seems pretty impressive stuff imo.

Good luck with it anyways Coog lad.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
lol... she was a light shade of pink but the meguiars really brought her out.

@ Wingnut She has 140,000 miles on her... so she must've been looked after well over the years

@ Boydie no plans as yet... though Im sure a wheel change will be in order after her winter hibernation, Twain showed me a few nice ones though the names have totally escaped me... I know Ronal Turbo's were in there somewhere but they seem to have been done alot on the MK2 Golf. The BBS rims on it atm will be up for a refurb soon tho.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
You sir, are a lucky man, either thats just had a total respray and interior replacement, or its been treated better than Maid Marrions virginity!!!

Lovely lad, lovely.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Lookin good! Sure looks like its been well looked after! Get those wheels refurbed, a set of coilovers in to drop it and leave it the way it is! Or maybe a set of the nice Pirelli P rims! Id say its had a full respray tho...rear is debadged and the black strip is missing all the way round!

6c_1.JPG

Twain

RMS Regular
me and coog talked about the 'forbidden' get it lowered comment...it grand at that height...actually looks really low standing next to it and is driveable too :grinning: Wheels refurbed would be nice but similar price pics up a set of new rims and have them bbs for the fields ;)

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
marcusplowman said:
Lookin good! Sure looks like its been well looked after! Get those wheels refurbed, a set of coilovers in to drop it and leave it the way it is! Or maybe a set of the nice Pirelli P rims! Id say its had a full respray tho...rear is debadged and the black strip is missing all the way round!

What black strip?

Twain

RMS Regular
rear has badges on the right hand side of the boot too....think i has vts badges or something going with current random badging trends ;)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Looks well minted... Power widys too??? Has she power steerin as well???

Again not a big fan of red but that looks in very good shape (y)

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Twain said:
me and coog talked about the 'forbidden' get it lowered comment...it grand at that height...actually looks really low standing next to it and is driveable too :grinning: Wheels refurbed would be nice but similar price pics up a set of new rims and have them bbs for the fields ;)

Lowered 30mm on eibach springs and bilstein dampers would be the way to go

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Absolute quality Craig. Interior just looks like new!! Glad to see you've moved to the dark side (German!)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.