MK2 Golf GTI 8v - Alpine White

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Spot on! Haha I've edited now!

What do you drive yourself?

Nothing special at the moment, old 9-3 wagon for family duties. Normally park in there if the weather is looking bad! I'll keep my eyes peeled 👌

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Scherni my user is 16VTurbomkii. I’ve been building my Golf for a life time and spent the price of my house on it but it’s getting there lol.

Attachments

• 5A0DDE75-8046-45D6-8441-8880CA5FB619.jpeg
    5A0DDE75-8046-45D6-8441-8880CA5FB619.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 74

Scherni

RMS Regular
OP
Scherni
Drives
MK2 Golf GTi
Sunday evening was one of those ones where you just had to get out and drive.
I hit the Ards Peninsula to Portaferry.

Fitted a new seatbelt in the rear and also replaced the temp sender on the radiator as the washer had gone.. so of course it needed to be test driven.. for 2hours tonight.
I feel like a teenager again when I drive this car!
IMG_20210530_224045_865.jpg

2021-05-30-104446474.jpg

2021-05-30-104431943.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
Class pics - you've got it sitting well!

You can do the lay flat rear wiper mod to tidy up rear on it. Literally just take wiper arm off and reset to bottom of window and thats it.

Attachments

• 20190913_185918.jpg
    20190913_185918.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 61

Scherni

RMS Regular
OP
Scherni
Drives
MK2 Golf GTi

You can do the lay flat rear wiper mod to tidy up rear on it. Literally just take wiper arm off and reset to bottom of window and thats it.
Yes @Gambit great to hear from you 👏 I've driven past yours a few times and eyed up the motor 👍
Was nearly going to see if you fancied a late run out last night haha

Lay flat wiper mod... I'm intrigued! I'll have a look at that tonight

Thanks for the compliments all, I'm nearly at the point of "completion" for a good while mods wise..
Am tempted by silver steels or keep them black?
Also refurb the RA's then I'm done..... For now

Gambit

RMS Regular

Last night was a bbq & beer night but will defo get a run out organised, or call in some day your passing/out n about.

I'd be inclined to keep the steels black and then refurb the RA's to standard silver that way you have a choice between wheel colours when you fancy a change!

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
They are definitely for driving; took mine to Tyrella beach, Newcastle and Cranfield on Sunday. Got passed by a loud (thought the milltek was noisy!) Oak green one on the Warrenpoint to Newry dual carriageway which looked fantastic. I am assuming it was an ABF engined one judging by the number plate. Think he was looking a bit of fun on the dual carriageway but with wife and kids in the car I had to decline.

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
Yes @Gambit great to hear from you 👏 I've driven past yours a few times and eyed up the motor 👍

Lay flat wiper mod... I'm intrigued! I'll have a look at that tonight

Thanks for the compliments all, I'm nearly at the point of "completion" for a good while mods wise..
Am tempted by silver steels or keep them black?
Also refurb the RA's then I'm done..... For now
Your cars looking great. Personally I like silver rims ( but I’m over 40 haha..) but it’s totally your choice, whatever you like.

Cleaned mine at weekend - considered a blast down to Newcastle, but was going through all service history and realised timing belt well overdue, so got a bit paranoid and decided I will do it before next run.

Love those wheels..... Ronal R5???
Had them on a Cavalier back in the day.

Attachments

• 1E3E477C-6E60-462A-BD11-819CD3C3FFC4.jpeg
    1E3E477C-6E60-462A-BD11-819CD3C3FFC4.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 38

Scherni

RMS Regular
OP
Scherni
Drives
MK2 Golf GTi
Your cars looking great. Personally I like silver rims ( but I’m over 40 haha..) but it’s totally your choice, whatever you like.

Cleaned mine at weekend - considered a blast down to Newcastle, but was going through all service history and realised timing belt well overdue, so got a bit paranoid and decided I will do it before next run.

Had them on a Cavalier back in the day.
Oh I love my BBS to be silver, and then I'm so torn on black or silver steels.. I get Craig's idea of different "styles" but also, clean silver on a sunny day is always a winner!

Gambit

RMS Regular
Had them on a Cavalier back in the day

Ronal R15 they usually have a big nut style centre cap but remembered vauxhall cavalier cesaro wheels were ronal & similar style with flat cap so took a punt on sourcing 1 to see did it fit, and it did with a little widening of the securing hole :grinning: they need refurbed big time though loads of spidering under lacquer on them