Mk2 Prius hybrid cells, pair of, long shot I'd say!

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
As the title, my 2006 runabout has decided number 10 cell (one or both in that position) has gone bad. Has anyone any good ones about or know a breaker near Belfast who deals with hybrids?

Thanks

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
OP
rhythmeister
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
They are available on eBay
I spotted them but I was hoping to locate someone over here who breaks hybrids/reconditions batteries but it only seems to be module replacements taking place over here from what I can tell.
Never used them but came across these guys recently

I gave them a bell but they only seem to deal with full electric vehicles now unfortunately!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
No help to you I'm afraid, but just curious...
When this happens is it just your capacity and range that suffers or does the whole hybrid function stop working?

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
OP
rhythmeister
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
No help to you I'm afraid, but just curious...
When this happens is it just your capacity and range that suffers or does the whole hybrid function stop working?
Well, I always thought she'd just get thirstier and thirstier but then the big red triangle of death was accompanied by a full on limp mode so recovery ensued!

Mrt20

RMS Regular
My wife's mk2 pruis was bought by parkgate autos at wilsions auction after the battery failed on her. Perhaps a phone to them might be worth a shot.

rhythmeister

RMS Regular
OP
rhythmeister
Drives
BL5 B4/Eunos
My wife's mk2 pruis was bought by parkgate autos at wilsions auction after the battery failed on her. Perhaps a phone to them might be worth a shot.
Good suggestion MrT, thanks 👍🏼

Last edited: