Mk6 Golf GTI hesitating when cold

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Folks,
Any ideas as to what could cause my 2012 Mk6 Golf GTI (manual) to have a slight hesitation at low revs and light throttle when cold?
It runs fine when warmed up.
There are no warning lights on the dash and my basic Autel code reader doesn't report any faults (I haven't plugged it into VCDS yet).
It's been doing it for a while and was serviced recently (inc. plug change) but that hasn't made any difference.
It shows the same symptoms when using either Sainsbury's SUL or BP Ultimate.
Could it be a sign of a faulty/failing ignition coil? The car has almost 70000 miles on it and the coils have never been replaced.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

wes

RMS Regular
Possibly or failing maf sensor, i found with failing coil packs youd feel it missing now and then under load. Plenty more knowledgeable people on here than me tho and ive never owned a golf lol

Meeky

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
Yeah i'd defo check the coil packs mate. I replaced all 4 of mine and car runs grand from cold to warm no problem. Also found a new upgraded diverter valve helps with no hesitation as well.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
OP
TheLarneMan
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Did you get the drive chain changed under VW recall?

Hasn't been changed. I thought the timing chain tensioner problem only applied to early Mk6 GTI's.
The car has a full VW main dealer service history and it has never been mentioned.

Is it a problem with all Mk6's?