Mk8 hilux torque settings help or Toyota mechanic needed

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I’ve a 2019 hilux with a damp rear diff, appears to be the flange seal.

All stripped and seal ordered for tomorrow

Downside is I marked the nut but didn’t use a perm marker and it’s rubbed off 😂

I can’t find a torque setting for the flange nut anywhere, can anyone find it using their auto data etc? Or even better any Toyota mechanics on the forum?

I’m worried about not getting it torqued up right or Ile end up with a bill for a diff

Reg is nc68xxb
c62614a9-8889-427b-8d05-54d03afc8262.jpeg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

Pass. I ugga dugga’d my last 1 with a freshly charged M18 battery on the half inch gun and it’s still going strong, but wouldn’t want to send someone down that path in case they sheer the pinion… I was willing to do what I done given the nature of the vehicle, but a fresh yoke likely wouldn’t appreciate those manners… 👀😂

To be fair, they need to be set right so that the pinion meshes properly with the crown wheel, and going too tight on the shaft nut can pull it badly out of line and ruin the diff.

@Nicky Glanza if you’ve no joy in the next day or 2, give Anthony Kelly a shout - 07817 160852

What he doesn’t know about Toyota 4x4’s isn’t worth knowing… 👌

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Pass. I ugga dugga’d my last 1 with a freshly charged M18 battery on the half inch gun and it’s still going strong, but wouldn’t want to send someone down that path in case they sheer the pinion… I was willing to do what I done given the nature of the vehicle, but a fresh yoke likely wouldn’t appreciate those manners… 👀😂

To be fair, they need to be set right so that the pinion meshes properly with the crown wheel, and going too tight on the shaft nut can pull it badly out of line and ruin the diff.

@Nicky Glanza if you’ve no joy in the next day or 2, give Anthony Kelly a shout - 07817 160852

What he doesn’t know about Toyota 4x4’s isn’t worth knowing… 👌
Yeah Tbf that was my thought process lol but the more I read into it the more I think instead of wasting time get it to someone 😂 it didn’t have a whole pile of fluid in it like so I’m happy enough and the part is a tenner so it will at least let me get it to someone with out a recovery truck

Deffo will give that guy a call! Good man thank you 👍👍

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Got sorted @Nicky may have taken your first bit of advice and I see no difference at all , but rang your contact no answer so maybe off Easter week, will drive her on until I get speaking to him. Good man thanks

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Try asking on the hilux owners Facebook page. Someone on there is bound to know