Model 3 Performance

scub

Banned
I was behind a silver one that's a similar size to an a4 & must say its a classy looking piece of kit!

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Don't even think about it @Gee just get one ordered, I havent driven any tesla yet that's been underwhelming, they are awesome

It's merely a formality really, I don't think I could order a car without at least having seen one in person beforehand! Also struggling to choose a colour so seeing them in real life would help.

Poverty spec SR+ here but you are welcome to look if you like ;)

That would be great, I'll drop you a PM.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
If you’re near Belfast and want a look round one, my work (Crawford Clarke Cars) have a black one. It’s driven by the MD at the moment so I would just ring ahead to ensure it’s on site.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
If you’re near Belfast and want a look round one, my work (Crawford Clarke Cars) have a black one. It’s driven by the MD at the moment so I would just ring ahead to ensure it’s on site.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be driving past there tomorrow afternoon so hopefully it's there.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Huge thank you to @NIEVO for taking the time to meet me for a nosey round and drive in his Model 3. Definitely has the air of something special around it which is what I'm after next. Interior is very sparse for someone like me that likes lots of buttons but I'm sure you would get used to it. The boot is one of my main reservations still though, I had an A4 before the Passat Estate I have now and I hated the saloon boot. Don't know if I can go back to one, still need to carry a pram and small kids bike from time to time, plus all their other crap!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Update - flying over to Tesla Edinburgh on Tuesday to test drive their Model 3 Performance, all being well will place my order shortly after :laughing:
Pics and lots of detail for us turf burners!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Had a run in work colleague's few weeks before Xmas, they do feel pretty sharp off the line. And we were 5 up in the car too.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
@mike150 would you consider a Tesla instead of I i3 ?
Yes I would, I'm not keen on the totally minimal interior, big touchscreen or the fact there's no dealer here but I did price a Model 3 performance just a few days ago, £52995

Ive been offered a good deal on a new i3s but theres something I'm afraid of, I think it's the big step to EV itself and maybe the fact it's rear wheel drive and not overly fast.

I've never been in a Tesla!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Yes I would, I'm not keen on the totally minimal interior, big touchscreen or the fact there's no dealer here but I did price a Model 3 performance just a few days ago, £52995

Ive been offered a good deal on a new i3s but theres something I'm afraid of, I think it's the big step to EV itself and maybe the fact it's rear wheel drive and not overly fast.

I've never been in a Tesla!

Call to my work, we have one out front with 200 miles on it (£39,995). It’s not the Performance model but would still give you an idea.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Just to clarify I like 4wd cars as we live up a steep concrete lane and the slightest bit of snow means I couldn't get home and I don't like the hassle of winter tyres that I may never need. An EV at the end of my lane would need a some extension lead 😂

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So drove a Tesla Model 3 standard plus.

Lovely car to drive, good suspension and steering, really comfortable....... typically American seats like sofas, good space similar to a 3 series.

But, the dash and big touch screen is something I don't know if I could learn to like. I want to know speed and range in front of me and maybe even nav, not to the left on a screen and the screen isn't even angled towards the driver. Things like media and heater should have normal controls. Can't beat current Audi interiors.

II'm undecided.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So what is behind the steering wheel?
Nothing

_20200116_222405.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
That is not a pleasant interior imo
I can't understand all the reviews, they all say its a great car but that interior is odd. It's like the designer was on holiday so they just didn't bother designing a dash and stuck an I Pad on the dash and said 'DONE 👍'

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
So what is behind the steering wheel?
The dashboard. Speed is displayed in top right of screen. Although this seems odd, anyone who actually has a Model 3 seems to immediately get used to it.

1579257091231.png

I can't understand all the reviews, they all say its a great car but that interior is odd. It's like the designer was on holiday so they just didn't bother designing a dash and stuck an I Pad on the dash and said 'DONE 👍'
Like everything with Tesla, its the - ignore everything else as it once was. Other manufacturers are following suit. Tell me the latest range of Volvo infotainment isn't based on a portrait screen as in the Model S, that was released 6 years ago. The more I read about them, the more I would drop my 6 series like a stone for a Model 3 daily. And the 6 is far from a bad car.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Having driven a model 3 dual motor last week I'd have to say I struggled with the interior too. At the very least a HUD with the speed would be helpful.

The performance is something else but it's like a one trick pony. Commute use would be grand but the ballache the owner told me about when he took it to the south of England a few weeks back would do my nut in. Satnav via all the available superchargers etc