Mondello Trackdays June 20th/July 19th

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Few of us heading down for these if anyone else on RMS fancies giving Mondello a go.

I know @G24NTR is doing the June one, not sure who else yet.

Myself and @Chris tii (more RMSers to confirm also) doing the July one and will be booking the afternoon session which means a nice leisurely drive down in the morning and get a bit of spectating in beforehand.

Link here for anyone who hasn't been before:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’m up for mondello on the 19th July, fingers crossed for a dry day 🤞

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Few of us heading down for these if anyone else on RMS fancies giving Mondello a go.

I know @G24NTR is doing the June one, not sure who else yet.

Myself and @Chris tii (more RMSers to confirm also) doing the July one and will be booking the afternoon session which means a nice leisurely drive down in the morning and get a bit of spectating in beforehand.

Link here for anyone who hasn't been before:

might be up for this, Mondello have a DB limit?

asking for a friend....

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
might be up for this, Mondello have a DB limit?

asking for a friend....

Not too sure actually, never heard of anyone being asked to pull in because of noise and heard some noisy things go round there, both cars and bikes!

Be great fun in the 350!

Edit: just checked their Facebook and can see a few posts from a few years ago saying noise testing would take place before trackdays and was a pretty lenient 105dB at 3/4 throttle. Nothing from recent years though.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
yeah I see 105db too now ive checked. Ive no clue ref the zed but it's very loud.

id db it at home with the iPhone app n see how it looks.

full international circuit isn't it?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
yeah I see 105db too now ive checked. Ive no clue ref the zed but it's very loud.

id db it at home with the iPhone app n see how it looks.

full international circuit isn't it?

Yeah definitely worth getting it tested before paying for it and heading down lol.

And yep, full international which is great! Plus open pit lane format so you can just keep lapping and lapping and only stop when you need fuel 😂

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yeah definitely worth getting it tested before paying for it and heading down lol.

And yep, full international which is great! Plus open pit lane format so you can just keep lapping and lapping and only stop when you need fuel 😂
brill. ive the old milltek sitting there if I need to switch over for it, or look at a baffle or something lol
outside of that what does everyone do for fuel heading down? the zed needs super unfortunately. few jerry cans I guess lol

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Yeah jerry cans or bring a few bottles of octane booster with you I think is the only option still unfortunately

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Anyone know is there normal fuel available at trackside or even roughly how far away normal fuel is? (to be able to use octane booster)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Anyone know is there normal fuel available at trackside or even roughly how far away normal fuel is? (to be able to use octane booster)

Apple green in Caragh you pass on the way in IIRC. There’s a few off the M50 as well which is about 10 miles from the track.

I’ll have the van so you can always bring Jerry cans and leave them with it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
There looks to be plenty of petrol stations in Naas and an apple green around 2 mile or so from the track. No idea if they sell super though so I’ll be necking mine with super on the last station in the North and then just take it easy heading down and top it off before the track and Chuck in some Octane Booster.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I’ve yet to ever see super near Naas and that’s countless mondello trips and few tours track days

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
going to pay for the 19th July date.

Has anyone a DB level reader they can lend me for an hour lol? If im over the 105db (read this as, im miles over the 105db on tick over lol) I'm gonna try a machined bung, re-read that, then worst case switch to the dual miltek again